fun things to do when it rains

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
BohoRoohaha
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

fun things to do when it rains

Post by BohoRoohaha » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:10 am

here's one: I was at Golden State/Condor Flats pushbrooming water with another castmember, and we were having pushbroom races.
since the area was pretty clear of guests it woulda been cool to lay down a whole bunch of trash bags and use them as slip n slides. maybe next time.

You know, sometimes you just get that urge to jump into the trash compactor.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:23 pm

This is just coming from my evil side but...

If your in merchandise and a guest asks for a poncho. Tell them you're all out.

When they point to the set behind you on the counter/ect. Simply tell them that is for display.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:59 pm

i think i saw you guys doing the races, it looked like quite a bit of fun just to push water all by myself, let alone race.

Gimme some soft serve!

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:59 am

Pushing water with a broom at Dumbo is my favorite thing to do when it rains. People look at me like I'm crazy cause there's no one on the ride...I'm sweeping water...It's still raining...the puddles just refill once they're swept...I'm not wearing rain gear(I never do)...and I'm having a blast doing it. I actually had a lady look at me and with sympathy in her voice she said, "Oh hun you don't have to do that all day, do you?" I just looked at her smiled and said, "I don't have to do it, I like doing it" she burst out laughing it was the best thing ever. :lol:

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42 am

My personal favorite is standing under the Foyer porch and getting glares from guests cause I am 100% dry. (Got to love mansion) or doing guest control with an umbrella. People try to pitty us but I tell em I am having fun.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:05 pm

maybe tomorrow i'll be able to use my giant umbrella

Gimme some soft serve!

kimpossible33
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kimpossible33 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42 pm

Run... and slide.

Um... whose baby is this? :stork:

BohoRoohaha
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BohoRoohaha » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:22 pm

Oh yea its supposed to rain this week huh? awesome! what i love is watching guests (specially teens who think they are so cool in their skater shoes) slide across the asphault. Every time i see em im thinking "Fall! Fall and eat it you bastard so i can have my laugh for the day!" ah good times. ooh, restrooms- the week of the storm SO many guests slipped at the entrance of the restroom, at that lip/rise where the doors are. you think we stratigically don't place rainmats over that for a reason. hehehe.

You know, sometimes you just get that urge to jump into the trash compactor.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:32 pm

At the foyer at Mansion, these idiots ran up the stairs and slide into the wall of the house and fell. We gave them the lecture (always fun). They denied the whole thing and had to delay an ER trip cause half of their group was in the ER already. (We should have held them up but it wasn't my call)

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:28 am

At teacups people don't seem to realize that wet plastic is slippery you tell them countless times to walk....twice in your queue speil...once at each loading gate.... at least once as you see them taking off. But as soon as you see it happen(like slow motion) a smile of gratitude appears on your face,as the stupid guest that you were specifically talking to is flat on their backs, you walk over ask you ok? Then let the smile show through, and say "Gee, now you see why we walk at our tea parties." :twisted:

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line