Pin Traders

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Pin Traders

Post by dazyhill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

turkeyham wrote:The supervisors won't last the CM's wear the pins. It is a safety issue. I know.

I could see that as a new pin game for the SG. You pay Disney $5, we blind fold you and let you bob for your favorite pin. The pin will be in slimmy luke turkey grease. If you get the pin by your mouth, you win. :D:
Uhh...pass.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:13 pm

turkeyham wrote:The turkey vendors in Frontierland are unable to do pin trading.

The cast members are now taking out the greasy legs and wraping then with a whimpy piece of wax paper.

That would be hard to pin trade with turkey gew.
That has to do with food service regulations. We can't wear pins in the Confectionery and Foods cast can't wear pins in their locations.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:28 pm

turkeyham wrote:The supervisors won't last the CM's wear the pins. It is a safety issue. I know.

I could see that as a new pin game for the SG. You pay Disney $5, we blind fold you and let you bob for your favorite pin. The pin will be in slimmy luke turkey grease. If you get the pin by your mouth, you win. :D:

Ummmmm, 5 bucks for a pin isn't too bad...... :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Ummmmm, 5 bucks for a pin isn't too bad...... :o:
Sure, if it was just paying $5, but you need to keep in mind the additional cost of bobbing for the pins in the turkey grease.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

xliath
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xliath » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:49 am

OMG i cant even begin to conteplate that people would be that dumb. if anything i would be running up asking if they were ok. i wish they would suddenly collapse and if they have a lanyard on i would do the same to them. but i would make it so they had permante injuries that could of been prevented if they got to them quicker but i needed that limited edtion pin you have on your lanyard. Ha ha ha ha

stupid people, WTF is the world coming to.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 am

Lasolimu wrote:Sure, if it was just paying $5, but you need to keep in mind the additional cost of bobbing for the pins in the turkey grease.
Yeah, the paper napkins cost of cleaning up would be rather high :cool: And the Burn Ointment :eek:

As for rescuing pin traders- this is why there is only velcro holding lanyard together. If AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) needed, goodbye Pins, Bras, and Mickey T-shirt.
Hubby is still upset from the over-zealous nurse at our local ER cutting up his Metallica Club T-Shirt (years ago) ;)

jerlove
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by jerlove » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 am

DisneyMom wrote:Bootlegs are pins that usually hijack a character and are presented as a Disney Pin, quality varies between icky and quite good....Unfortunately, most CMs wouldn't be able to tell them apart from an official pin without careful scrutiny (not their fault). I've gotten a fair amount from CMs, along with "scrapper" pins that have errors and were intended to be discarded, but still end up on CM lanyards (sometimes before the "real" pin is released). I'm not upset to get them, just usually keep them, as the reason I trade for any pin is solely based on cuteness factor and not what it is "worth". I gave the (fake) Easter Bunny Vinylmation pin I traded for to my 6 year-old niece, it is very unlikely to go back into circulation.
Some of the Pin Traders with the cases will show you their "Fantasy Pins"(illegal use of characters, some naughty) if you ask nicely. Good Luck getting them to give them up! :p:

:eek: What!!! The easter bunny is fake? :confused:

:buzz:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 am

By the time the turkey cart gets the turkey legs, the gew is warm. I wish some one could get the park to put the legs back into the foil packages. A few wax papers is not going to prevent any of the juice to break loose on you. :twisted:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 am

jerlove wrote: :eek: What!!! The easter bunny is fake? :confused:
Easter Bunny is Real, as long as you believe in Chocolate! :p:

Some Fake Pins, on the other hand, can be detected by looking at the Mickey Waffle Pattern on the back......if the pattern ends at the edges, instead of continuing on, that shows a possible fake ;) Look at a genuine pin backside and you'll see what I mean.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:30 pm

jerlove wrote: :eek: What!!! The easter bunny is fake? :confused:
That Easter Bunny probably is not fake. Just check for the diploma. Hopefully it was not issued by The Famous Easter Bunny School of Westport, CT.