No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 am

I shop at Ralphs. I always get approached by SG shoppers. They always want to know where things are. Lately it has been the alcohol beverage isle. Folks, I drink beer only when I am disolving kidney stones.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:06 am

turkeyham wrote:I shop at Ralphs. I always get approached by SG shoppers. They always want to know where things are. Lately it has been the alcohol beverage isle. Folks, I drink beer only when I am disolving kidney stones.
Cool. A good responce when the baker tells me I drink too much. :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 pm

darph nader wrote:Cool. A good responce when the baker tells me I drink too much. :D:
So are you saying that you are constantly dissolving kidney stones or that your kidneys are just stones to begin with and you are trying to dissolve them?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Cranbiz wrote:In fact the only thing that matters is that you show up for work. And even sometimes that's optional.
To work in monorails not as a CP, they do have requirements. You must have a stocky build, bald top of head, and have something a little wrong with you mentally.

Kurt

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:To work in monorails not as a CP, they do have requirements. You must have...something a little wrong with you mentally.
That fits stage hands as well, interesting.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Lasolimu wrote:So are you saying that you are constantly dissolving kidney stones or that your kidneys are just stones to begin with and you are trying to dissolve them?
Weeeellll. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:59 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:To work in monorails not as a CP, they do have requirements. You must have a stocky build, bald top of head, and have something a little wrong with you mentally.
Perhaps be a little bit marsupial too?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I have 1 stone left and this one is going bye-bye when I go to Excot next Thursday! My friend and I are going to the parks. Moe will join us later.

The last time when I was there with my oldest sister and youngest sister, we had this liquer from Germany. Tasted like strong cough med. It was strong and nailed me off my butt within 2 minutes. I will have to stop and drink a beer in each country that serves it. I also stoped at mexico and was drunk. I went on Test Track and it seemed much better when the car was going faster. I don't think I will try Mission Space after a beer, I might have it go 101. And the sweepers would be ticked.
:eek:

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Perhaps be a little bit marsupial too?
Just what I was thinking! :D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:O k, something weird happened to me in the park today. I was just standing around minding my own business when a guest asked me if I work there. I said, "No, sorry!" Apparently, the guest swears that I was undercover security. and comments that I was "observant." He keeps on insisting that I was security, but I kept denying until i just went along with it and admitted to it, :D I am a typical looking tourist: camera around my neck, sweater wrapped around my waist and holding an umbrella. Tell, do I sound like I would be security? Consider this: I am a shoirt, chubby, asian guy, :D
I get the CM question a lot, too, and I sure don't fit into the "Disney look." All it requires is that you don't look lost or befuddled like most of the SGs around you.

Come to think of it, I never was mistaken for a cast member while at DLR in July. Could be that California guests are smarter, but it was probably just because I was wheezing and gasping for breath the whole time because of my asthma flare-up. Somehow I guess that doesn't give off the "ask me for directions" vibe I usually have. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter