What part of "We're closed" do you not understand?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: What part of "We're closed" do you not understand?

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:12 am

I do not like Oprah because she brags about her helping African children while kids living with in 500 miles of her are malnurished, skipping meals because there is not food to eat, not being loved, not being properly educated, abused and neglected.

Some celbrities want the whole park to themselves but part of the fun is interacting with other guests.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:02 am

[font=Georgia]Oprah was a real pain when at DL! It was extremely obvious she had no intention of actually staying with the children she invited. She was there no more than 2 hrs. & I'm sure this was 2 hrs. too long for her. Perhaps this was best as the logistics & security in DL would have probably been a huge problem. As for what Oprah does with her money & who she supports, it's her cash! I respect anyone who donates to/supports causes with a passion. I give to animal shelters & animals in need. How dare anyone tell me what to do with my money or who/what I can give to. Wish I had Oprah's money to help my cause!! :)[/font]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:08 am

Here's the deal - yes, it is her money and she can do what she will with it. HOWEVER - don't spend days down in New Orleans decrying the terrible situation, drawing in viewers (and MONEY) as you milk their tragedy - and turn around and spend millions on a school in South Africa when there is a crying need for a program like that in New Orleans. She's argued that American children are too materialistic. Most of the children in New Orleans - certainly those she featured - had almost nothing to begin with, and now REALLY have nothing. Those kids don't worry about i-pods. They worry about whether or not their school will reopen. Talk about a place that needs new leadership . . . but any way, it's her choice. It is also my choice to no longer watch her show or subscribe to her magazine.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:00 pm

I remember the incident MS was speaking of. While talking to some CMs,they were 'commenting' about her being there.Basically it was "Look at ME,I paid for these kids to be here (excuse me while I go away)". But I'm sure security would have become a problem,(LOOOK everyone it's HER).

not that i would shiv a git

TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TowerTimmy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 pm

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a llllooonggggg while. Here's my story.

My attraction has large iron gates out front that shut signifying that we're closed. They shut and latch, then the greeter walks up the line, showing the loaders that they are done once the greeter gets there.

Well I was almost to the loading area when some women, (like 30 year olds) come prancing inside the building. I turn toward them and say we're closed, and they said "oh the gate out front was open" and I said "no I personally shut it, we're closed." and I walked them back down, and out the *open* gate that I remember shutting.

I wish I could have seen them open the gate and feel like idiots for doing it. "oooh look, it's closed. let's sneak in! yea, we're so smart!" ugh, stupid morons.

Tim

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Maybe a bit of covert wiring like the kind that dog collars use would stop future intrusions. LOL I really cant believe ppl sometimes.

The Title even happens at my BF's work. He does auto parts retail and usually closes the store. I will sometimes pick him up if I have the car that day. I usually get there early enuf to have to wait till his paperwork for the nite is done. OK...now....if you pull into to an empty lot except for one car, the doors to the store locked, and all the store lights are off. Would you not think that maybe it is actually closed without having to ask? Apparantly not. :rolleyes: If I only had a dime for each person who asks just in the time frame of 1/2 hour I would be rich. I make it a game now depending on the person beacuse I got tired of being nice. I usually park out front so I get to have some fun on occasion.
1...wait till they are almost at the door and either flick the lights or a quick honk. Neat how high some ppl can jump when surprised. **innocent look
2...sit quietly(with the interior lights on--ya cant help but see me) and wait till they try the door and suddenly yell HEY! They are closed!
3...sit queitly again and the try the door again bit. And in a commanding voice ask Can I help you? People really look guilty for doing nothing sometimes.
4...this one I havent tried (mainly cause I just thot of it) but will have to put it to the test at some point. IF they come up to the car and ask "are they open" Pretend I dont speak English That one will really throw some ppl here in Redneckville for a loop. Hell, I could speak Shakespearean and most of the ding dongs around here still wouldnt understand it. ***note to self learn a bunch of nonsense phrases in other languages.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:56 am

Vixen, I too work auto parts retail. I opened this morning and had a guy try the doors before opening. Come on buddy, half the lights are still off, it is 7:25 in the morning, we've been there maybe 10 minutes, and nobody has gone close to the doors to unlock them.

The guy was parked maybe 10 feet from the door and was under the hood of it. Close enough to hear the door unlock I'm pretty certain. There's the clack of the deadbolt retracting and then the clacks of unlocking the top and bottom locks on the second door, which I tend to open harder when there's somebody waiting for us to open.

We open at 7:30 Monday-Saturday, says so on the sign right by the door in big letters. Isn't that early enough for you, bud? I know it is usually to early for me.

Even worse is opening on Sundays, when we open at 9:00. I sometimes get there a little early so I sit in my car waiting for the opening manager to get there. I can't count the number of times I've watched somebody pull into the almost totally empty lot, get out, walk up to the obviously dark store and try the doors. There's only two cars in the lot at this time, my van with me in it and the store's truck which is almost always parked in the same spot except when a delivery is being made to a shop.

It is easy enough to tell when only half the lights are on, which come on automatically when we enter the store, and even easier to tell when the night lights are on as only two sets of lights are on in the entire store.

My store doesn't tend to get to many people trying to get in after closing though I've had a few who've tried to argue they're way in. Sorry, pal, we close at 9:00, not 9:05, not 9:01, 9:00 on the dot. We lock the doors at that time and usually they will no be unlocked again for any reason until we are ready to go out the doors to go home and the alarm is already set at this time. The main reason we'll unlock the door after closing but before heading out ourselves is to let out any last minute customers and then the door is locked immediately behind them.

What's also annoying are people calling to get prices or something before we open or after we close. We have to answer the phone as it might be our store manager, our district manager, the alarm company, etc. I usually skip the normal answering speil of "Thank you for calling <autostore>, this is <name>, how can I help you?" and instead say <autostore>, <name>. If they want parts looked up I tend to tell them "Sorry we're <not open yet/closed> and the system's <not up for the day/already down for the night>" even when the system is up as I have enough to worry about trying to get ready to open or trying to close down without looking up parts for people who can't call during the 12 or 13 and a half hours the store is open depending on if it is Sunday or not.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:14 am

My Request....
If you have been ill all day, :puke2: PLEASE do not wait until 5 minutes before our clinic closes to arrive and require us to stay an additional 2 hours overtime...
Also, do not sneak in the back door at anytime with an arriving ambulance crew :eek:
Thank You

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:15 am

Shorty82 wrote:What's also annoying are people calling to get prices or something before we open or after we close. We have to answer the phone as it might be our store manager, our district manager, the alarm company, etc. I usually skip the normal answering speil of "Thank you for calling <autostore>, this is <name>, how can I help you?" and instead say <autostore>, <name>. If they want parts looked up I tend to tell them "Sorry we're <not open yet/closed> and the system's <not up for the day/already down for the night>" even when the system is up as I have enough to worry about trying to get ready to open or trying to close down without looking up parts for people who can't call during the 12 or 13 and a half hours the store is open depending on if it is Sunday or not.
Just a thought...do you have more than one phoneline/number? IE: The main number of the store might be: 555-1212, but you have three other lines, and if someone else calls, they get "switched" to that number...

Anyway..most of the employees know what those other numbers are, and usually they are put on each phone. So how about suggest to the manager, etc that they call on "line 4" if they want to call in?

Or how about put in a caller id box on one phone? If you know the manager's cell #, etc, you'll know who it is.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 pm

leftcoaster wrote:Just a thought...do you have more than one phoneline/number? IE: The main number of the store might be: 555-1212, but you have three other lines, and if someone else calls, they get "switched" to that number...

Anyway..most of the employees know what those other numbers are, and usually they are put on each phone. So how about suggest to the manager, etc that they call on "line 4" if they want to call in?

Or how about put in a caller id box on one phone? If you know the manager's cell #, etc, you'll know who it is.
We have six different numbers, four for the front counter and two for commercial (shops). Except for the main number being on the main screen of our system and the main commercial number being by that terminal the numbers are not posted anywhere. The manager usually calls one of the other lines but not always, also the alarm company calls the main number if I'm not mistaken.

Caller ID wouldn't work as the store uses a small PBX system and regular phones and accessories won't work. I think it's a miracle that the phones work at all sometimes, we have one phone not working at all and another that you can answer but can't put on hold nor call out on as the buttons don't work right.

Just recently we had to call in a tech to fix our main commercial line. For some reason you could answer the line but then you wouldn't be able to hear anything nor could the other party hear anything. There was also no dial tone on that line normally. We had to leave that line on hold all the time so when a shop called that number the call would ring on the second commercial line. The tech wound up having to call the PBX's tech support and spending a long time reprograming the PBX and every phone to get it working again.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward