Stupid Guest Tricks out West

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks out West

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 am

Wow! I have never been there. I did like the pictures. I will get other there eventually.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 am

Love the pictures, Monorail Red :)

We just returned from a short trip to Lake Tahoe where my SIL and husband are Camp Hosts at a State Park. SGs a plenty resulted in a bear being captured and basically tortured to discourage it from breaking in to cars where coolers and food were left in the open. :mad: BIL has to wait by any violators' coolers until Ranger can come write a citation for up to $1000.00
fine.
We did encounter a bear a couple times approaching as we sat around campfire cooking s'mores-was funny as campers across the way shone a light on the back of my head and I heard," Is that a skunk? No, it's A BEAR!" I got up and moved faster than ever in my life! :eek:

......for you funny people,I was wearing a pink jacket,so they weren't commenting on me...... ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:31 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Love the pictures, Monorail Red :)

We just returned from a short trip to Lake Tahoe where my SIL and husband are Camp Hosts at a State Park. SGs a plenty resulted in a bear being captured and basically tortured to discourage it from breaking in to cars where coolers and food were left in the open. :mad: BIL has to wait by any violators' coolers until Ranger can come write a citation for up to $1000.00
fine.
We did encounter a bear a couple times approaching as we sat around campfire cooking s'mores-was funny as campers across the way shone a light on the back of my head and I heard," Is that a skunk? No, it's A BEAR!" I got up and moved faster than ever in my life! :eek:

......for you funny people,I was wearing a pink jacket,so they weren't commenting on me...... ;)

Ummmm, SURE..... they were talking about a bear!!

(hehehehheheheheheee)

(everyone, just agree or you know what will happen!!!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:44 pm

That second bear picture sure looks like a grizzly. If it's the same bear as the picture before it, then it must be the lighting that makes its coat look so much lighter.

You got some really great shots, Red. I haven't been to Yellowstone since the 70s, either. I sure wish we were up in the mountains right now instead of down here in the hot and muggy south. :(

Switchbeam 9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Switchbeam 9 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 pm

The only real way to get rid of SGs at parks is to get rid of the roads. I love to hike and get far away from any roads. Some amazing parks in the world with almost no roads at all. This is a good one: http://www.fiordland.org.nz/ Part of Lord of the Rings was filmed there.

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Whazzup wrote:That second bear picture sure looks like a grizzly.
Yes...that one was a grizzly...that one is in captivity...same place where the drive-through area is with all the black bears.
Switchbeam 9 wrote:The only real way to get rid of SGs at parks is to get rid of the roads. I love to hike and get far away from any roads. Some amazing parks in the world with almost no roads at all. This is a good one: http://www.fiordland.org.nz/ Part of Lord of the Rings was filmed there.
Actually it was my plan to go do some hiking at Yellowstone, but in April I blew my knee out...had a little rock climbing incident... :(

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm

The black bear (Ursus americanus), also known as the Cinnamon Bear, because it also occurs in a brown phase. The grizzly bear (Ursus horribilis), is not only much larger, but never occurs as an all-black color. Fur color ranges from pale yellowish to dark brown. There's also a hump over the shoulders, face in profile is dished (black bear has a Roman face in profile); name comes from white tips on fur, giving it a frosted or grizzled effect. Their other scientific name is Ursus arctos. I'm quoting from Petersen's Field Guide to the Mammals of America North of Mexico.

Switchbeam 9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Switchbeam 9 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Monorail_Red wrote: Actually it was my plan to go do some hiking at Yellowstone, but in April I blew my knee out...had a little rock climbing incident... :(
Ouch. I hear ya. Had my knee do the same. It does worry me at times because it will get sore sometimes and really hate to have it do something weird on a 4-day trek in the middle of nowhere in rough terrain.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Did you guys hear about the three park employees who were caught on camera using Old Faithful as a urinal? Talk about getting in big trouble--!

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Switchbeam 9 wrote:Ouch. I hear ya. Had my knee do the same. It does worry me at times because it will get sore sometimes and really hate to have it do something weird on a 4-day trek in the middle of nowhere in rough terrain.
Plus, I have a birth defect on my left foot...and it was my left knee that blew out on me :(

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.