Good vs. Bad CMs

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Good vs. Bad CMs

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:47 am

glendalais wrote:Now that I'm approaching my final days at the DLR, this video has given me a great idea on how I should spend my last day here (not that I'd ever do it, but it's nice to imagine, lol).

*About 5 minutes before I would clock out from my last shift*

Guest: Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can see the fireworks this evening?

Me:

This is where I usually, if I can see you're having fun and know what to expect, just happily answer, "Absolutely!" Then I wait and stare at you for about five seconds until you wonder if I am crazy. Either that, or I exclaim, "Absolutely!" and then change the topic to something completely different and see if they follow.

I love how people react to that!

Yes, I do get to answering their question very quickly after that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 am

Big Wallaby wrote:This is where I usually, if I can see you're having fun and know what to expect, just happily answer, "Absolutely!" Then I wait and stare at you for about five seconds until you wonder if I am crazy. Either that, or I exclaim, "Absolutely!" and then change the topic to something completely different and see if they follow.

I love how people react to that!

Yes, I do get to answering their question very quickly after that.
And then I am sure many people catch on and laugh at themselves. :rolleyes: Of course, I am also sure that this number is much smaller than it ought to be.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:34 pm

glendalais wrote:Now that I'm approaching my final days at the DLR, this video has given me a great idea on how I should spend my last day here (not that I'd ever do it, but it's nice to imagine, lol).

*About 5 minutes before I would clock out from my last shift*

Guest: Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can see the fireworks this evening?

Have you ever told 'em, "Up in the sky!"?

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:18 pm

glendalais wrote:Guest: Excuse me. Could you tell me where I can see the fireworks this evening?
Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Have you ever told 'em, "Up in the sky!"?
All the time.

SG: "Where are the fireworks?"

Zazu: "Up in the air. Er... well, right now they're on the ground, but they'll be up in the air later.

"Oh wait, do you want to *see* the fireworks?"

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Zazu wrote:"Oh wait, do you want to *see* the fireworks?"
Im afraid I can't let you see the fireworks right now. But if you wait until the scheduled 9:00 start time, wait for one to go off, you might see the shell on the way up if you look reeeeeeeeeealy carefully.

What?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm

I have seen SG ask the cast members where is Splash Mountain? My sister's answer was, "If there was a horrible earthquake, it would be in the parking structure." I was going to say the Esponade, and stopped. :eek: