How hard is it to put your seatbelt on?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestTricks Yahoo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

How hard is it to put your seatbelt on?

Post by StupidGuestTricks Yahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:53 pm

Date: Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:21am
Subject: How hard is it to put your seatbelt on?

OK, so I'm working Star Tours one very fine day in Tomorrowland, grouping my cabin, when a guest comes up and videotapes me asking him how many is in his party. Now, normally I wouldn't mind this, but on this particular day I looked and felt like crap, so I asked him "sir, please don't videotape me." He turned the camera away and started videotaping Bun Lady's speil. The doors open, and the guests get in with no problem. When I get to the seatbelt console, 2 seatbelts unlocked in the 4th row. I ask them to please put their seatbelts on and they give me a dumbfounded look and one says "what seatbelt?" and the other says "I have mine on!" Annoyed, I go up to look, and instead of putting their seatbelts on from right to left, all the guests in row 4 had put their seatbelts on left to right, taking the seatbelt from the seat to the left of them. And so, the one guest at the end thought she had no seatbelt. As if this was not dumb enough, one of the other guests had used her daughter's seatbelt for both her and her daughter's seat. By this point I'm furious, I go down to unlock the seatbelts, and then tell row 4 to undo and redo their seatbelts from right to left. Yet again, I lock the belts only to find they had yet again pulled from left to right. By now I'm even more pissed and annoyed, so I unlock again, now yelling at the guests to undo and redo their seatbelts from right to left, then turn to row 3 and realize that I had been videotaped yelling at the guests in row 4 by the same idiot from outside the cabin. This just takes the cake and I yell at the guest, "Sir, turn your camera off, NOW!!!" He gives a dirty look and turns it off, the guests fix their seatbelts after 3 tries, and I leave, and on my way out I say, "now you can videotape, sir" So much fun, huh? The first of many stories I have ... hehe

nala
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by nala » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:33 pm

:bang: Yeah!! I know how that feels. I work at Matterhorn and we constantly get those people that dont know how to put their seatbelts on!!! I mean if you have seat belts in your vehicle why do you suddenly forget what they look like?
I do like my cast members when they make sure to really tighted their seat bealt so they dont breathe, then they remember they have a seat belt!!
Also why would you take off your seatbelt right when you are about to go into the mountain, like no one saw you!!!?
I mean do you really have a death wish?
Did you ever hear about M0LLY?? :roll:

How many in your group?
Please take number 1,2,3,4
I SAID 1,2,3,4,
OK THINK YOU DIDINT HEAR ME
NEXT TIME LEARN TO SPEAK A LITTLE ENGLISH BEFORE YOU COME HERE!!!!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:35 am

wowee have i seen some crazy seatbelt configurations at indy, upto and not excluding ... across three seats (yes they're that long) across three seats, and the rest buckled left to right all the way across, (indy belts go right to left you see, people have issues with that) across two seats, and then pulled to go directly into the console on next to the place where the belt comes out (done by an indy CM to make sure that all the sensors would trigger)

and others, but i'm much to lazy to go into detail.

Gimme some soft serve!

sledspace
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by sledspace » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:16 pm

Ah seat belts... how I miss working the Matterhorn while it is in refurb. Anywas, I was at belts once :shock: and this lady, as any other stupid guest asks, "How do I put this on?" As I was about to answer, she makes a comment about her job. Just think what job, besides Disneyland makes you wear seat belts? Thats right, a FLIGHT ATTENTANT. It was the funniest thing in the world to hear and guest actually make fun of how stupid she was for not knowing how to put on a seat belt. Of course, I just had to make fun of her and luckly for me she laughed. We talked a little and said she understands what we must have to go through because she gets it every day. I know this isn't really a stupid trick but its always funny when guests correct themselves because it is so rare. :cry:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:07 am

Guest ask me the same thing evertime I work Astro Orbitor, "How do I put this on? One time a guest wrapped the belt around them completely and tried to hook it on the hook.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:15 am

you have belts at ASStro (sorry ever since they tried to use that as a replacement for the Roket Jets, i've felt a certain animostiy towards them. )

Gimme some soft serve!

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:52 am

For some reason, I always had a problem with teenaged kids on Star Tours who would hold their seat belt next to the receptacle to make it look like it was fastened. Obviously, it'd show up on the panel that it wasn't.

I'd always point them out and say, "You know, your seatbelt works a lot better if you actually click it into the receptacle."

or I'd look at them, pause for a moment and say, "Okay, you're doing good so far, you're holding your seatbelt right next to the receptacle, now all you have to do is click it in!" (speaking down to them like they are in pre-school) "Very good! You did it!"

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:39 pm

Sometimes what I do at Star Tours is make everybody in the cabin raise their hands up after I lock them. Espically if there are many teenagers in the cabin and they hold it near the console and don't buckle it in.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:14 am

some guy came up to belts w/o his belt on, so i check all the rows, and this guy has a beer belly, so instead of being gross and asking to to raise his shirt i turn and head towards belts, and he starts pulling shit like, oh omg that was cary, wasn't buckled in, he had a CM right next to himand i have pretty little ligths that blink fast when it's happy, so i gave him the you're a dick, the only person that looks bad right now is you, look, and sent the car.

Gimme some soft serve!

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:11 am

How large of a calorically challenged person will the seatbelts accomidate?

A couple of years ago, I was on a plane, where I saw the flight attendant hand the little seat belt thingie that they use as a demo to a calorically challenged hippo in first class. At least he didn't try and squeeze into a coach seat.