Sitting on handrails and chains...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Sitting on handrails and chains...

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:34 am

felinefan wrote:Got this from another site--wouldn't it be great if everyone who visits the parks had this kind of "drug problem"?

http://www.liveasif.org/view.cgi?type=w ... 0060928002
What a fantasitc link. I'll be sure the share that "drug problem" story with others. Thanks for sharing. :D:

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 am

And then there's this guy(?), who evidentally was doing something they shouldn't have ...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 21933.html

As a disclaimer, I'll say that I hope they can find out who this is so they can let the family know, and we don't know how he (or she) got there so we don't know if it was foul play or an accident or what. It's a truly bizarre story though.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

Wow! No kidding, that's bizarre! If that's an accident, sucks to be him (her?) and their family. If it was foul play, someone committed the perfect crime.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:And then there's this guy(?), who evidentally was doing something they shouldn't have ...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 21933.html

As a disclaimer, I'll say that I hope they can find out who this is so they can let the family know, and we don't know how he (or she) got there so we don't know if it was foul play or an accident or what. It's a truly bizarre story though.
Not such a big deal. The old Long Beach Pike had a figure in their funhouse that turned out to be a long-dead human when someone tried to adjust the "mannekin". Don McLean wrote a nice song about him, "The Legend of Andrew Mccrew" (though his real name was Elmer McCurdy). :rip:

Yep, you won't find that kind of entertainment at no Disney park!

Zazu

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Zazu wrote:Not such a big deal. The old Long Beach Pike had a figure in their funhouse that turned out to be a long-dead human when someone tried to adjust the "mannekin". Don McLean wrote a nice song about him, "The Legend of Andrew Mccrew" (though his real name was Elmer McCurdy). :rip:

Yep, you won't find that kind of entertainment at no Disney park!
Hmmmmm, you mean the skeletons at Pirates aren't the bones of SGs who perished at the Parks? ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:15 am

I remember reading about a similar case to Elmer. This was a figure that was in a movie props department for who knows how long, and one day one of the arms came off. A prop man tried to glue it back on, only to discover that it was a human mummy. When the body was examined, they found a couple of puzzling things--the autopsy incision was X-shaped, instead of the Y-shaped incision used in America; the body had also been embalmed with arsenic, which is illegal here. Both the incision and embalming method pointed to Europe as the source of the body, but I don't know if they ever found out who he was.

From what little there is in the story, I think it may have been either a case of someone trying to scale the rock wall (get in for free, or just wanted to scale a rock wall--any rock wall), or a murder, and the body dumped. I don't think the corpse would've been smelled necessarily by guests, but I wonder if anyone noticed if there were more than the usual number of crows or other birds that feed on carrion in that area while the body was there? Or if the park had more than the usual number of flies and/or beetles that also feed on corpses. Sorry if I gross anyone out, but those are the facts. The way forensic medicine is advancing, it might be awhile before they identify him (most likely it's a guy), but from there, they can trace family, friends and associates. From there they can put together a motive, and eventually find the killer. Unless, of course, it was an accident, which should be determined by the injuries that are bound to be in the skeleton.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:05 am

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/mccurdy.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_McCurdy

http://www.sideshowworld.com/tgodmummy.html

His mother was 17 and pregnant probably by a cousin, he was raised by an aunt and uncle who died then his mother moved in, he could not find work and finally messed up several times as a robber.

The last link is very detailed with a picture.

WARNING CONTAINS GRAPHIC (you may want to puke) DEAD GUY PICTURES
http://www.hbo.com/autopsy/episode/epis ... dummy.html

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for the links, Churchy. I remember reading about that it in the newspaper when they discovered the body at the Pike.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Looks like I was talking about the same guy. But remember, 30+ years is a long time to remember the details....

I didn't think the pictures were puke-worthy. But then again, since my earliest interests in life were anatomy/medicine and archaeology, I'm used to seeing mummified bodies. I agree--the undertaker did a great job on him.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:57 pm

felinefan wrote:Looks like I was talking about the same guy. But remember, 30+ years is a long time to remember the details....

I didn't think the pictures were puke-worthy. But then again, since my earliest interests in life were anatomy/medicine and archaeology, I'm used to seeing mummified bodies. I agree--the undertaker did a great job on him.
I read that they used arsenic(now illegal) to preserve the body, apparently it does a great job :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: