Going down in a blaze of glory

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Going down in a blaze of glory

Post by Whazzup » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:55 am

Good one, Buggy! Now wouldn't you like to see something like that happen at your local mall food court? Of course you would! What fun!! :D:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm

AlpineDL wrote:The Casey Jr. Circus Train would play Ozzie Ozbourne's Crazy Train.

Sad thing is, I doubt anyone would notice. :(
ROCK OUT!!!!!!! OZZIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!
mechurchlady wrote: 19. BLOW up the sun wheel and scream "Walt said no Ferris Wheels"
Ms. Matterhorn wrote:This must be done! :twisted:
Oh yes! I MUST agree with this one!
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Shorty82 wrote:There's a bunch of carnival midway-style games in there. Dinosaur, the playground and all are good but I don't like the roadside attraction portion of Dinoland. I don't like how it just seems sorta thrown in there and uses "off the shelf" attractions and games. If for some strange reason I wanted to play a carnival game I'll go to a carnival, not a Disney park. I don't really like roadside fairs and carnivals and avoid them. I don't really like the idea of an area in a Disney park being themed after one.
I hate that carny atmosphere. That is why I do not go to the Paradise Pier portion of DCA. It is just like a sleazy carnival midway. Not appropriate in a Disney park IMHO
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Princess Susi wrote:I hate that carny atmosphere. That is why I do not go to the Paradise Pier portion of DCA. It is just like a sleazy carnival midway. Not appropriate in a Disney park IMHO
susi
Is Paradise Pier on of the areas slated to be redone during the huge refurb that is planned for DCA? From the sounds of it I hope it is. Eisner must have liked that kind of thing or maybe it was the only thing they could afford to put there with the severely limited budget Eisner allowed.

Part of the reason Walt started dreaming up Disneyland was because he didn't like that kind of place and to put one in any Disney park is a slap to honor and dreams.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Good point, we would have to make sure everyone was out of lines, but then again, if you are reading here, you could be a part of it!
ME ME I WANNA JOIN. Just for shits and giggles of course ;)
Big Wallaby wrote:Dinoland, U.S.A. is a cool concept, but it's not communicated well enough. So it looks like this unsightly area that doesn't fit anywhere in a Disney park if you don't know that it's supposed to be that. That's my issue.
Odd that this comes up. We were leaving the area last Wednesday when I heard this man say to a lady on an ECV "oh it is just a kiddieland area" Of course my mouth did not stay shut. :rolleyes: "No it is NOT a kiddieland, it is a themed area and has a story behind it, would you like to hear it?" And without waiting for a response launched into Chester and Hester' s history. (yeah I know the whole story..lol) The guy got a terrified look on his face and said NO I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT and practically ran the other way. The lady actually seemed interested tho...shame. I told Donnie I should have followed him and kept talking. HEHEHE!
Whazzup wrote:Good one, Buggy! Now wouldn't you like to see something like that happen at your local mall food court? Of course you would! What fun!! :D:
LOL I saw that one too. Reminded me of Buffy Vampire Slayer the Musical episode.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 pm

The Whoopie Goldberg show was in a San Francisco type setting but nothing has every really made sense. Right now you will have bug land, car land. hollywood land. outdoors land, wharf land, winery land, and then everything from the whoopie show to the pier is up in a jumble. The Mouse ride will be Goofy themed, there is an Ariel show. where is the theming.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm

vixen101485 wrote:ME ME I WANNA JOIN. Just for shits and giggles of course ;)

Odd that this comes up. We were leaving the area last Wednesday when I heard this man say to a lady on an ECV "oh it is just a kiddieland area" Of course my mouth did not stay shut. :rolleyes: "No it is NOT a kiddieland, it is a themed area and has a story behind it, would you like to hear it?" And without waiting for a response launched into Chester and Hester' s history. (yeah I know the whole story..lol) The guy got a terrified look on his face and said NO I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT and practically ran the other way. The lady actually seemed interested tho...shame. I told Donnie I should have followed him and kept talking. HEHEHE!

LOL I saw that one too. Reminded me of Buffy Vampire Slayer the Musical episode.

HA!!

This in tonights news: A crazed Disney fan was found to be chasing, what she described to that authroities as an "SssGeee" while yelling out the story of Chester and Hester at the Animal Kingdom today!

The flying Bongos were scared into flying away for a while, before returning to grazing!

film at 11.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?