arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh...damn code writers...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:57 am

I have to agree with both parties here. I was in editing, layout and development and all I used was a MAC. It is excellent for Pagemanker and Photoshop. So if your into the Grafics design or Publishing industry, MAC is an excellent system.

On the other hand, all I've ever had at home has been a PC, for the obvious reasons, Cost, product availability, and with the release of windows (XP mainly) extreemly user friendly.

You should look into Dell computers. They have great pricing and are great computers (and currenly come with a free printer, digital camera and free shipping) and have great financing. As little as $21 for the cheapest modle.

Birdmom, If your interested, send me a pm cause I have a code to log onto the goverment purchacing page where they sell at 10% cheaper than the normal advertised price. And its not illegal, I got it for being in the military.

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:34 pm

well if you're an art major I can understand why you'd want a MAC. Most the time I HATE my PC when I'm trying to do stuff in photoshop. The Dells are great computers tho... we just got one so I haven't had a chance to load photoshop onto it yet, but that's next on my list of things to do.

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:15 pm

yah, I could spit right now...if I buy a MAC with the educational discount (about $1500 for the sort of power, etc I want) well...that leaves a big fat hole in my wallet through the end of summer. Today I saw ads for bundled computers with peripherals at Office Depot - same power for about $700...the problem? Good ol' Microsoft... sigh... My brother in law does know some poobah at Apple who finds out about once in a blue moon discounts - I may have to rely on one of those because I just can't afford the money right now...