Disrepair at the parks

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Disrepair at the parks

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:42 pm

I found this article on the internet

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... -headlines

It's about a lot of the disrepair in the theme parks, I know that the guests in this article may be a little picky, but I have seen a lot of disrepair in the buildings and stuff like that. As well as having the same stuff go wrong at the attractions many days, weeks, and in one case going on 4 months or more at a time.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Disrepair at the parks

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:39 pm

coldfire409 wrote:I found this article on the internet

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... -headlines
Yeah, all of Team Disney WDW is up in arms over that article, which first appeared in the Orlando Slantinel.

WDW Pres. Al Weiss wrote a major nastygram to the paper claiming they got it all wrong, and he only told three small lies in it (like, "We steam clean all the sidewalks every night.") Email was sent to all CMs with pretty much the same pap, and it would have been discussed in our Homeroom Meetings if we ever had Homeroom Meetings.

The sad part is, some of those photos are identical to shots I took when I was the Show Quality Monitor for Main Street -- as much as a year ago. Truth is, most of the MK's buildings are over 35 years old and are starting to show it. Keeping the maintenance budget and staff constant just isn't enough to keep up.

And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this article came out the same month my role as Show Quality Monitor was abolished due to budgetary constraints....

Zazu