You know the person who used the equipment before you is a complete dolt when...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: You know the person who used the equipment before you is a complete dolt when...

Post by JugglingFreak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:25 am

mechurchlady wrote: I am driving on bad tires and my alternator is a goner for the 3rd time this year. That car eats alternators fast.

Totally off the subject, but would your car happen to be a Chevy Cavalier? They were famous for that.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: You know the person who used the equipment before you is a complete dolt when...

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Nissan Sentra XE which has good rack and pinion steering, taht is all. Gone through so many alternators and before that was brakes.

I miss the days when I would drive through water puddles with a early 60's chevy parkwood station wagon only to be without brakes.

Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Tiny Tim » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Cranbiz wrote: The thing that makes me cringe is the fact that at FIW an mechanic wantabe will get in, step on the brakes and say's, "It stops, the brakes are fine! Another driver who does not what he is talking about." Thats the first thing they teach mechanics blame the driver for whats wrong. If i had a dollar for every time i heard this.

These are air brakes, they are most likely badly worn or completely out of adjustment. If this was a RTS i would say out of adjustment because of my personal experinces with RTS and and hearing from mechanics that worked on large fleets of RTS his was a probem with the self adjusters (not being backed up too often did it)

Some of these drivers will not tell you that something is wrong because they don't know or are too scared to say anything for fear that they will be blamed for it.
I wouldnt call some of them drivers. To qoute a old boss of mine they are steering wheel holders not drivers

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Tim, I'll bet that you are right on, I'm thinking it was an RTS as I have had similar issues (but not as bad as Wallaby described). I have not had as of yet a Nova or Gillig with this type of issue.

We rarely back up any WDW bus. It's strongly discouraged as an everyday event. The only buses that get backed up regularly are the RTS's assigned to core training / CDL testing and they change daily.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:32 am

The other thing that's nice with the Novas is that they so rarely get their brakes used, since the retarder does all the work from the engine until about 15 mph. Exception is 4840, of course. But you wouldn't know if the brakes are bad on the Novas just by feel...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?