No more daily forecasts?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

No more daily forecasts?

Post by Floridian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Don't know about ya'll but my managers always would tell us the projected daily forecast for the park every morning and keep it posted on a board in the break room. Not that we can do anything differnt based on what it said but its kinda nice to know if your going to be painfully slow that day or hauling ass just to keep up. Well apparently the daily forecast is super secret proprietary information and CMs were letting it leak to guests in the park so now management is no longer able to tell us the forecast.

Now I am kind of confused here, were CMs going around telling guest "Oh we are projecting 24k today". Not sure why they would since more than likely that information would mean nothing to a guest. On slow days I am guilty of telling guests they picked a great day to come to the park since its not very crowded, but I don't see the problem with that since I am pretty much stating the obvious. And is this going on all over WDW or just a DAK thing?

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: No more daily forecasts?

Post by ICStupidPeople » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:03 pm

I guess I don't understand why it would be a big deal for guests to know how many people are projected on a given day....

I guess if it were going to be a slow day and I heard about it, I would call 40,000 of my closest friends to let them know they should come that day...

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

I never open anymore so I haven't gotten the 'forcast' in a while. They stopped writing it on our board a couple months ago... I thought it was out of lazyness as it doesn't list the coordinators and managers for the day anymore either. I've asked some of the managers what we were expecting and was told the vague answers like "crowded", "not too bad", and "reasonable". Doesn't surprise me that CMs were giving the numbers to guests...

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:22 pm

bpgstudios wrote: I've asked some of the managers what we were expecting and was told the vague answers like "crowded", "not too bad", and "reasonable".
Yeah thats what they tell us now. Still don't understand why someone would be telling a guest the forecast, and even if they did why it would matter.

pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pattimelt » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:57 pm

If I ask, I'll get told the actual expected number of guests for the day. It's been really dead this summer, which is wierd, from what I understand.. This past Saturday (Labor Day weekend) they projected 17K.. that's it, for DL AND DCA...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 am

I think it's like a hotel where I worked, the occupancy percentage was considered a company secret. All the employees had access to these numbers, but it was a no-no to tell a guest what we were running, the reason being that people from the competition would call, come in, sometimes even stay so they had a "reason" to ask.

I hear the numbers occasionally in transportation, but it's not something the ever go out of their way to make sure we know... of course, there is very little that they DO go out of their way to make sure we know.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:20 pm

Here at my hotel, it turns out that there are SEVERAL things we are not supposed to tell guests. Like exactly how many rooms we have or if a certain co-worker will be on shift. The second one makes sense for stalkers but knowing how many rooms or hell the square footage, who cares?

Our occupied rooms and rates for the day are for OTHER hotels to try to match or beat us. I look at it this way. I'll stay where I stay if it's a nice place and the rates are good.

Thank the Goddess my new hotel isn't a run down piece of crap. We just have ant issues...

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pattimelt » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 am

Claudia--

To put that image on a black shirt, copy the image to your computer, then head on over to cafepress.com and upload the image to a shirt of your choice...

It worked for me when I tried it..