Story about people going behind the scenes

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Story about people going behind the scenes

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 am

WEDFan wrote:Probably a result of the concerts I worked in my youth when ear protection was for wimps.
What?!?!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Have you ever wondered why a company like Beltone has a toll free number?

Beltone: Good morning, this is Beltone. How can I help you?

Customer: What?

Beltone: Good morning, this is Beltone. How can I help you?

Customer: What?

Beltone: (click)

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm

hobie16 wrote:What?!?!
I said...Oh, never mind. :p:

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Zazu wrote:That explains why I missed it. I was busy attending the retirement announcement of Yoshi.

Yes, after twenty years in charge of the sushi bar at California Grill (and most other sushi sources at WDW), Yoshi is going to retire when CG closes in January or February for their 8-mont rehab.

The spicy crab rolls won't be the same without her!

:enchilad:
We really like the California Grill. I took hubby there for the first time last year and they knocked his socks off. Hard to imagine them closed for 8 mos but it may be another year before we get back :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

WEDFan wrote:I said...Oh, never mind. :p:
You da kine? Shaka brah!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 am

This isn't really anything new, people have been sneaking into "limited access" areas of Disney for a long while. Since the birth of Urban Exploration people like myself have been checking out weird things that have been ignored and walled off, over looked for years. Hell I know half the people who've been been exploring "Abandoned Disney" and a few who've gotten caught in the process (Discovery Island is NOT easy to get too but it has been done) long before Kingsley ever wrote a book and people like Adam the Woo showed up.

I have to say, Splendid China and Jungleland Zoo were both a lot more fun then exploring things at Disney.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am

Backstage Disney has to be one of the more tempting locales. For the people who love Disney and love knowing how th magic is achieved, there is a strong pull, and then there is the lure of the forbidden fruit. If denied, desire just becomes stronger. Then there's the personality type that just likes the challenge. Between it all, it's got to be really strong temptation. I doubt Disney would ever be able to stop it all.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm

The sad part of all that is, unless you have been a CM for a while, it's really difficult to know, "Behind that wall is where the Country Bears Jamboree animatronic bears go when they sink into the stage," "That's the back side of ____," or, "Up there is Cinderella Castle, with all the red bricks they ever used to build it still securely attached," and etc.

Even when you know, the concrete walls just aren't that impressive.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Zazu wrote:That explains why I missed it. I was busy attending the retirement announcement of Yoshi.

Yes, after twenty years in charge of the sushi bar at California Grill (and most other sushi sources at WDW), Yoshi is going to retire when CG closes in January or February for their 8-mont rehab.

The spicy crab rolls won't be the same without her!

:enchilad:
That's very sad news for those of us who have enjoyed Yoshi's sushi so much over the years! :(

Lysle and I decided to brave the crowds this year and make a trip for New Years Eve fireworks -- we'll have to see if we can get into the Grill one more time for some Yoshi sushi while we're there.