New here but hopefully not a SG

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: New here but hopefully not a SG

Post by WEDFan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 am

When I was much younger, I had a job at a bakery supply company which included doing many of the smaller deliveries. That included a lot of places that made donuts. There were some great places. Up to that point my experience had been limited to Dunkin Donuts. It wasn't until years later that Krispy Kreme came into my area, and I thought they were good -- not great. I'll take the small bakeries every time. I still know a few good ones, but I only rarely induldge in donuts, now. :(

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 am

Waaaaay back when I worked for Pacific Telephone. I did a lot of different things but the best job was working on switching systems and related equipment.

I got a trouble call one day for Heublein Spirits to work on an explosion proof phone in the mixing room. That particular day they were blending strawberry margaritas. The room smelled great.

I was in the room for a half hour and even got to go up the steps and look at 500 gallons of red gold.

The supervisor came by and asked how I was doing. I told him I was a little dizzy. He told me I was drunk from the fumes,

It was a pretty funny call to my boss. He came by and we went to a really long lunch.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 am

hobie16 wrote:I got a trouble call one day for Heublein Spirits to work on an explosion proof phone in the mixing room. That particular day they were blending strawberry margaritas. The room smelled great.
The question is, did you get sick of strawberry margaritas? On one of the deliveries I made, I spent a couple of hours in a station wagon with Chocolate Donut Mix. At first, the smell was great. By the time I was done, it was years before I could face a chocolate glazed donut again.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I don't like Krispy Kreme or Sweet Tea. I have too much respect for my pancreas. :p:
I don't like tea, period. However, I was really disappointed when the Krispy Kreme's around here closed up. I went to school in Gainesville and love a hot Krispy Kreme. Out at 3am and the sign is lit up? To die for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 am

DonutGoddess wrote:I don't like tea, period. However, I was really disappointed when the Krispy Kreme's around here closed up. I went to school in Gainesville and love a hot Krispy Kreme. Out at 3am and the sign is lit up? To die for.
I am never seen without an UNsweetened Iced Tea in my hand. It's almost become my trademark. In fact I have one sitting about 12 inches away from the keyboard right now. Love the taste of Tea (plain, nothing added). I hate Iced Coffee, but, I also hate hot coffee so I guess it falls in line. Donuts are a very rare occasion for me now. No reason other then I don't really desire one anymore. :D:

Finding an unsweetened Tea in a Disney park is close to impossible, so I always get a room with a fridge and either buy jugs of Tea at the store or make my own. Either way...it's never far away.

:goofy: :goofy:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Aebelskiver. Go to Solvang Restaurant in Solvang, of course. Buy a couple and then you can die happy :) If you want to die faster, they have all the fixins there for you to make them at home..... :drool:
going there next week!

mmmmmmmmm!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

WEDFan wrote:The question is, did you get sick of strawberry margaritas?
I really like them. Perhaps too much at times. :p:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:going there next week!

mmmmmmmmm!!!
Have a couple for me! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Have a couple for me! ;)
Just a couple? :cool:

--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 am

hobie16 wrote:Just a couple? :cool:
I think they come 3 per order....Freshly cooked,aromatic orbs of cakey-donuty goodness sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with Raspberry Preserves. Hubby and I share. They have a window out to the sidewalk, so you don't have to sit down there, but if you do, you'll recognize the scrollwork on the booths as Solvang Restaurant is one of the restaurants in the film Sideways :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: