Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness DVC Files to Start Construction Soon

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness DVC Files to Start Construction Soon

Post by avengador1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 pm

http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/02/ ... tion-soon/
Disney filed recently for permission to construct the necessary massive staging complex they need on the site of the former STOLport for their next planned Disney Vacation Club Resort at the site of the Fort Wilderness Campground. Disney has been slowing working in phased permits for the project over the course of 2011 and 2012.

The STOLport staging complex will house several single, double, and even a few quad-sized trailers (eleven in total) for third party contractors, Imagineering, and Hardin – the project’s master contractor. Hardin also recently oversaw the construction of the new Art of Animation resort as well as the Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort.
Continue reading at link

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness DVC Files to Start Construction Soon

Post by Zazu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Okay, I'm confused. The map at this link shows the area between the boat dock and trading post, plus the area just east between Palmetto Path and the lake. That's a long way from either set of stables, and as you said, it's not clear if this area will get built upon or of the DVC units will go elsewhere.

This is clearly a complex project, with the above being the part most remote from the STOLport staging area, which is likely why it's being done first.

Zazu

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness DVC Files to Start Construction Soon

Post by dazyhill » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:07 am

I hope they don't get rid of the riding stables. I hope to do that again the next time (if ever) I visit WDW!