First Undercover Security

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

First Undercover Security

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I have seen many plain clothes security while I have been working but usually its pretty obvious they are security because they dress just a little different and have ear pieces.

Today I saw my first undercover security that shocked the hell out of me. He looked like every other grandpa in the park. He was wearing a tourist Tee shirt and base ball hat and even had one of those water bottle carriers. The only thing that gave him up was when he opened his wallet and I saw the badge as he grabbed someone. It blew my mind.

Talking with a fellow Cm about what we just saw. She said her grandma was undercover security for years. Grandma would actually walk hunched over with a cane and act feeble but when she went for a bust she stood straight up and would pounce like a baby tiger.

As I work longer and pay more attention to the surroundings I am amazed by all the different levels of security at Disney. We do not mess around at all.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: First Undercover Security

Post by drcorey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I have seen many plain clothes security while I have been working but usually its pretty obvious they are security because they dress just a little different and have ear pieces.

Today I saw my first undercover security that shocked the hell out of me. He looked like every other grandpa in the park. He was wearing a tourist Tee shirt and base ball hat and even had one of those water bottle carriers. The only thing that gave him up was when he opened his wallet and I saw the badge as he grabbed someone. It blew my mind.

Talking with a fellow Cm about what we just saw. She said her grandma was undercover security for years. Grandma would actually walk hunched over with a cane and act feeble but when she went for a bust she stood straight up and would pounce like a baby tiger.

As I work longer and pay more attention to the surroundings I am amazed by all the different levels of security at Disney. We do not mess around at all.
people dont know. the mouse has many eyes.
he's watchin You.

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 pm

I was surprised to end uo behind an undercover security guy in line at Pirates, watching a group of rowdy middle-school boys. He was radioing someone to assure that he had his eye on them....he then ended up behind them on the boat while they stood up. I hurried to see the smackdown at the exit but they had all vanished....I think they were probably all whisked backstage :D:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Years ago a friend worked part time security at a Macy's store in a high end mall. I was in the store one day and ran into him. While we were talking he pointed out a little black lady with a big bag. She was basically invisible to everyone in the store. My friend told me she had the highest bust record of anyone in the entire Macy's chain. She also packed a .357.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:59 pm

hobie16 wrote: She also packed a .357.
Puts a whole new meaning to "Pistol Packin Gran-ma". :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 am

It's too bad they're so limited in what they can do. Observe and report, then stand-by while costumed security/managers do the real work. Easiest job in the parks... And that comes from their own mouths.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm

I got to know one of the undercover security persons at the Magic Kingdom when I was working there last year. He would walk up to the gate I was at and flash his badge for entry.
If you were at HS yesterday, between 2:00 and 5:00 P.M., you might have spotted me there wearing my White SGT polo.