Read Any Good Books Lately?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:53 pm

I stumbled across the Disney After Dark series two days ago. I've only read the first book in the series so far, but I loved the backstage-y awesomeness. (Alright, I didn't actually read it, I listened to the audio-book.) :) As I was listening, I thought it seems like the kinds of hijinks that the peeps from SGT might get up to, given half the chance. So, I figured I'd drop you all the name in case you were up for some magic and adventure this summer.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/disney- ... 1100322166

It has a wikipedia page too, but Beware The Spoilers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdo ... After_Dark

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Read Any Good Books Lately?

Post by delsdad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm

The Kingdom Keepers books are great fun. I enjoy Ridley Pearsons writing style. It is accessible to the preteen market (his target) without pandering to them. And very enjoyable to us adults too!

I should point out another great read, available on Amazon, by our own February ! Here is the link to her author page and her book. It is a very enjoyable read, I look forward to her next novel!

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm

There is a very good book about Steve Alcorn and Designing Epcot. Goes into a lot of detail and has a lot of engineering details about the attractions and building worlds in general.

http://www.amazon.com/Building-Better-M ... 3SQF1O6UGL

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I've recently fallen in love with the Hidden Mickey Series by Nancy Temple Rodrique. http://www.amazon.com/HIDDEN-MICKEY-Som ... 748&sr=1-3 Lots of really neat trivia stuff. Some of the premise (especially at the end of the first book) makes me roll my eyes (read it and you'll see why) but all in all a great series. It's a bit of a step up from Kingdom Keepers (which I also love) as the characters are adults.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm

delsdad wrote:The Kingdom Keepers books are great fun. I enjoy Ridley Pearsons writing style. It is accessible to the preteen market (his target) without pandering to them. And very enjoyable to us adults too!

I should point out another great read, available on Amazon, by our own February ! Here is the link to her author page and her book. It is a very enjoyable read, I look forward to her next novel!
Aww man *blush* I had no idea this was here. Thank you so much, Delsdad, your support and that of my other SGT friends too elsewhere on the web has been so important to me, means more than I can say without getting all choked up. Okay, so I'm already choked up *tears*. Thanks so much for mentioning :o:

xoxo
bru

PS yeah, that author page he linked to has pictures guys LOL ever wondered what I look like, well now you'll know. xoxo

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

delsdad wrote:The Kingdom Keepers books are great fun. I enjoy Ridley Pearsons writing style. It is accessible to the preteen market (his target) without pandering to them. And very enjoyable to us adults too!

I concur! Fantastic Book, Bru! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

Thank you, it really means so much to me, all the support you guys have shown me along the way. Thank you for reading it <3

xoxo
bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane