Guest Gains Access To Utillidoors

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Re: Guest Gains Access To Utillidoors

Post by albino_pygmy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 am

Freak wrote:^ Yeahh, not a good idea that one. If he was a CM, he gets a discount at most food locations! I'd rather have delicious on-stage food than boring back-stage food anyways. And whenever one is backstage, I agree with security. Clear ID holder FTW. Attach it to your shirt near your neck, not a big deal IMO.
I don't know if things have changed since 2006, but when I was not taking tourists down the rivers of adventure, I'd go on my own personal safari through the parks and would stop by a couple counter service places, each time being denied any discount because I was a CM. Now, have things changed, and CM's are allowed slightly cheaper park food? Or are we still being swayed to continue brown-bagging it because overpriced week old refrigerated subway subs and hot pockets were never that appealing to me.

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

albino_pygmy wrote:I don't know if things have changed since 2006, but when I was not taking tourists down the rivers of adventure, I'd go on my own personal safari through the parks and would stop by a couple counter service places, each time being denied any discount because I was a CM. Now, have things changed, and CM's are allowed slightly cheaper park food? Or are we still being swayed to continue brown-bagging it because overpriced week old refrigerated subway subs and hot pockets were never that appealing to me.
Cast members at Disneyland get discounts for food at most locations but not at Walt Disney World. At WDW in the parks only the table service locations have a discount (except at DAK, where at least Restaurantosarus, if not the other QSRs, give a cast discount, a hold-over from when the park first opened and there were no table service locations).

That's one thing they do at DLR I wish they would do here at WDW. It's a shame I get more discounts at DLR than I do at my own park!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Cast members at Disneyland get discounts for food at most locations but not at Walt Disney World. At WDW in the parks only the table service locations have a discount (except at DAK, where at least Restaurantosarus, if not the other QSRs, give a cast discount, a hold-over from when the park first opened and there were no table service locations).
And because DAK has always had more QSR dining capacity than it needed in the afternoons/evenings.

Kurt

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 am

I don't know who runs Universal's team dining, but it tastes much better, and it's waaaaaaaaaay cheaper. Oh, and when you get a drink, keep the cup. It's good the rest of the day.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?