SG Trip Report

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: SG Trip Report

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 pm

hobie16 wrote:Image
Dang hobie, add to my concussion. Pain!! ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 pm

chandlers_a_girl wrote:For an upcoming trip in November (10 days, YAY), I'd like to know how to report awesome CM's. CM make the whole experience! I know how hard it is to work with stupid people. So many are thankless. I do not want to be one of THOSE.

Do I need to hunt down a manager? How can I distinguish a manager?
The best thing you can do for a CM -- other than thank them directly -- is to visit Guest Relations and let them know. WDW doesn't have Guest Comment cards any more (I'm not sure about DL). Good news is rare, so it's usually taken seriously and forwarded to the right department quickly. (What the local manager does about it is another matter.) As others have stated, the name, location, and exact time are a very big help in getting it to the right CM.

Another thing you might consider is to give them a "What Would Walt Do" pin. See the WWWD website for details on how to get them. Looks like this:
:wwwd:

Zazu

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:11 am

Oh I did not know these pins existed Zazu, thanks for the info. Too late for us to order them for our trip tomorrow but we will have them next year.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:01 am

Main Streeter wrote:You draw this up on Garland clock? :D:
Never. Banish the thought.

(And seriously, don't post stuff like this. I don't use taxpayer time -- when I post during the day it's on breaks -- but I'd rather not have the issue put in the mind of anyone who might care!) :o:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by seeing_eye_child » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:54 am

Main Streeter wrote:Please compliment the old school way. Go to Guest Relations & fill out a Guest Comp. If form is not offered - MAKE YOUR OWN! Plz include location, name (maybe a description of C M), date, time, clearly stated compliment. Tell G R @ C H to fax your G C over to CMs location asa they can. There seems to be lots of G C not making it to CMs - at least at DL. Finding a manager? Good luck on this one. ;)
See that's exactly what we were trying to do! We asked variably for Great Service Fanatic Cards (evidently just for CMs to compliment other CMs according to an earlier comment), feedback forms, any form to write up an awesome CM, but everyone at guest relations/city hall/etc. acted like we were asking for a chartreuse goose from Africa.

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:58 pm

seeing_eye_child wrote:e we were asking for a chartreuse goose from Africa.
Wouldnt that be found near the oasis at Animal Kingdom ? :p:

ynnepztem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ynnepztem » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 am

I had the same experience in Animal Kingdom. I took a tour and the tour guide was fabulous. I went to guest services for a CM compliment form and they looked at me like I had two heads. They just gave me a piece of blank paper and told me to write what I wanted.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:22 pm

BRWombat wrote:Never. Banish the thought.

(And seriously, don't post stuff like this. I don't use taxpayer time -- when I post during the day it's on breaks -- but I'd rather not have the issue put in the mind of anyone who might care!)
So sorry BRW. My BAD :o: Knew you did not. Poor choice as to a joke by an unthinking poster. :o: NEVER AGAIN!! K?

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Main Streeter wrote:So sorry BRW. My BAD :o: Knew you did not. Poor choice as to a joke by an unthinking poster. :o: NEVER AGAIN!! K?
No worries. All is forgiven. <starts humming "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"> :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 am

BRWombat wrote:<starts humming "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"> :D:
Thought I heard a beautiful voice from a "good" Texan.