Visiting WDW next week

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Visiting WDW next week

Post by hobie16 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:10 pm

felinefan wrote:Do you know that soda, hamburgers, peanut butter and cold cereal were at one time considered health food?
Well yeah!! :cool:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 am

hobie16 wrote:As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!
-- Arthur Carlson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXSnoy71Q4
oh...my...god!!!!! LMAO I thought I was the only one who remembered this!!!! thanks, Hobie!

Lyonsperf
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lyonsperf » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Well we're back home. I don't know how some of you CM's do it. I am really starting to believe that this country is being overtaken by mutants! Does it see like there are more bald guys than there was years ago?
They claim Disney is the happiest place on earth, but every face I looked at, in every park, was sullen. Not a single smile to be found. Just a look of pissed off people and over sugared kids.
And whats with the f-ing scooters? Get some regulation on these things. I'm getting real pissed being run over and bumped into by some fatass or old fart that got five seconds of operating instructions before being set loose. I really have to laugh when I see them loading these things on the buses, after three or four attempts. Then the rider gets off and lifts the friggin thing into its parking place.

Hopefully things will be better when we visit in April.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Lyonsperf wrote: Hopefully things will be better when we visit in April.
So you are going to visit another DVC destination during Easter time?? When they finally open Aulani next year, it should be fabulous!

mapo

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Lyonsperf wrote: And whats with the f-ing scooters? Get some regulation on these things. I'm getting real pissed being run over and bumped into by some fatass or old fart that got five seconds of operating instructions before being set loose. I really have to laugh when I see them loading these things on the buses, after three or four attempts. Then the rider gets off and lifts the friggin thing into its parking place.

Hopefully things will be better when we visit in April.
You really didn't need to add the sizeist and ageist language in your scooter rant there. It makes you look foolish and it's insulting.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Amphigorey wrote:You really didn't need to add the sizeist and ageist language in your scooter rant there. It makes you look foolish and it's insulting.
knowing how karma works.....

hehehehhee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 am

Just watched the whole episode on Hulu. I wish they had writing and storytelling of that caliber in a sitcom in this day and age.

All we know for sure is that in a very few moments there are going to be a lot of happy people out here.

No, something just came out of the back of the helicopter... it's a... a dark object, uh... perhaps a skydiver... plummeting to the earth from only two thousand feet into the air.. and a second, third... No parachutes yet... Those can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but... Oh my God! They're turkeys! Oh, this is terrible! Johnny, can you get this? They're crunching to the earth right in front of my eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car!

The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!

For those of you who just tuned in, the Kleindale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at 11.

Well, Mr. Colley... A lot of turkeys don't make it through Thanksgiving.

Plenty of one-liners there!

Now having seen the episode, the line is a lot funnier.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Lyonsperf
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lyonsperf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I appologize for my off color comments. But it bothers me to see a weigh challenged person on a scooter trying to negotiate the crowds while holding a turkey leg in one hand and a large drink in the other.

I am one for better policing of who gets a scooter and who doesn't. I got no issues with wheelchairs.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Lyonsperf wrote:I appologize for my off color comments. But it bothers me to see a weigh challenged person on a scooter trying to negotiate the crowds while holding a turkey leg in one hand and a large drink in the other.

I am one for better policing of who gets a scooter and who doesn't. I got no issues with wheelchairs.
Thank you for the apology!

I do agree that the scooters can be a menace. I just went to Disneyland this weekend, and I definitely don't envy people who have to navigate the park in one - especially if they're caught in a crowd like what happens after the parade gets cancelled. It looks like a pile of Not Fun, both for the person in the scooter and the people around them.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Lyonsperf wrote:I appologize for my off color comments. But it bothers me to see a weigh challenged person on a scooter trying to negotiate the crowds while holding a turkey leg in one hand and a large drink in the other.

Turkey Leg: Atkins Diet
Large Drink:Diet?
Wheelchairs:Cheap and easily rented by Teenage Bimbo Wheelchair Fakers.Got Scar to prove it.

Sorry,couldn't help myself :twisted:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: