Question for you CM's

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
MS_mom_1965
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Question for you CM's

Post by MS_mom_1965 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 am

Is this line cutting?

Example situation:
A family of four is at DW. Three get in a line for a ride/attraction, and the other family member goes to get a FP. The FP runner then joins the line with their family.

Is this line cutting?

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Question for you CM's

Post by Panther007 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:50 am

I would say yes it is line cutting

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:14 am

One person without knowing what they were doing (potty break for example) I am okay with, one person in line and a group joining them, uh, get behind me :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 am

While it is technically line cutting, I don't think it's a big deal in this particular situation since it would only be one. There are plenty of rides where that one person (at least in your case) wouldn't effect the line. Basically what I'm trying to say is any ride where each seat/vehicle fits two and there's no single rider line, your family would use the same number of seats/vehicles whether they joined you or not. There's other attractions that would also not effect the line like Pirates which seats 4 in a row.

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 pm

Although technically I think it is line cutting, it really only becomes a problem for me as another guest if

1) the line snakes all around and they could join at a spot on an outside rope without disrupting the entire line to catch up, yet they feel they must not wait patiently until that point but must push through everyone while the spouse holds up the line moving forward yelling "over here here..HONEY...HERE HERE..JUST TELL PEOPLE TO MOVE" while simultaneously waving their arm in the air or

2) it's an indoor queue. I have no real basis for why this one bothers me so much other than people can't see their loved ones in line, so the people up ahead are constantly stopping to look back with no warning and the person behind has to push by people in an enclosed area to get by, not knowing how far ahead their family is and are more interested in looking forward than at the people that are moving for them (causing a complete loss of manners such as "thank you so much" and "excuse me")

3) they are cutting in line after riding another ride. One person willing to wait should not make a 60 minute wait time become an instant fast pass for the others in their group.

4) Also, if a child needs to go to the rest room, do it on the way to the ride as a group. I understand if the child is already in line and must leave and reenter, those things happen. But to send the opposite sex parent ahead to reserve a spot in line, I think that's tacky (personal opinion, not meant to flame anyone). I don't understand why the other person wouldn't enjoy the break of sitting down for a moment to wait I guess?

I'm not sure why needing to split up to get fast passes has become such a problem? Have we become that much of a selfish commando "I must take in every ride and experience every attraction in order to get my money's worth" society? Stop and relax and walk a little slower. You'd be surprised at the great things you're missing at the parks, most of which aren't on the attractions; in example, how many people have every listened to the voices above the shops on main street? How many have ever picked up the phone in the market? How many have watched the street cleaner stand behind someone getting a pic taken with bunny ears? How many have ridden the different cars up and down main street or stopped to read the plaques on the statues?

I think people have become so obsessed with doing every attraction that they miss most of the magic and detail that IS disney.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:32 pm

The only time a person should cut in line is if they had an emergency requiring them to leave such as drink of water, tossing cookies, or potty break. Getting in line and leaving one person behind is not fair to other patrons who are shoved and stepped on. Also by allowing people to cut in line there is no way for patrons to know if the cutter is really joining a person who is in line. You have heard me cornering dudes who worked their way up the line but could not find their friends. There is no way to know a real cutter from a fake.

The group should work on a schedule. The group is going on a ride so everyone go potty, drink water, shop or take photos during this break time.

There cannot be exceptions because it is a party of four on the bobsled for example. We should not make exceptions just because there is no harm. It is the principal of the thing that matters.

Klo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Klo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:30 am

[font=Century Gothic]Last time I went we were planning on going on mission:space and test track. Mission:Space had an hour wait and test track had a "2 hour" wait. So one of my friends went over to TT and grabbed us all FP. came back to M:S. I don't really think its a big deal. I've done it alot when I was younger too with my dad/mom. I see other people doing it and I understand.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 pm

The trick is to be clandestine, :rolleyes: just say the 'other' person was using the restroom. No one else will be the wiser. :cool:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:57 pm

darph nader wrote:The trick is to be clandestine, :rolleyes: just say the 'other' person was using the restroom. No one else will be the wiser. :cool:
Yeah, Darph goes all Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible when cutting in line. His best move is when he disguises himself as a lost child and then pulls the disguise off when he gets to the front of the line. Classic move, I've seen it a million times...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 am

ktulu wrote:Yeah, Darph goes all Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible when cutting in line. His best move is when he disguises himself as a lost child and then pulls the disguise off when he gets to the front of the line. Classic move, I've seen it a million times...
I thought Darph did more of a Ace Ventura incognito impression. :cool: