Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

Post by ThunderCat » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:07 pm

So I'm up in the Station (or Queue) today (the loading area is called "the Mine") when a guest calls me over.

Excuse me.

Yes?

(Pointing out the window onto the Mine's tin roof which is covered in hundreds of pennies) What is the purpose of all those pennies?

Well, ma'am, a penny is a unit of currency worth 1/100th of a dollar. They are used in modern American society primarily to make change.

Yes, I actually said that... with a smile, and the guest quickly cottoned on that I was having a bit of fun. :D:

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:29 am

This was one of the funniest things I've seen. I was in the Magic Kindom last week and Stitch was down. The two CM's who were handling the crowds had obviously been asked "Is it closed?" several times because they had taken two discarded fast passes and written "We are" on one and "Closed" on the other. and stood in front of the line entrance holding them up.

That made my day.. I took a picture of it which they freely posed for and one of them made the comment "Great, It'll probably get posted all over the internet now". I promised that I wouldn't post it.

I wouldn't want them to get in any trouble for that, I thought it was great.

Juggling Freak

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:34 pm

At Innoventions, St. Joseph's Hospital section:

Q: Do those brain scans really x-ray you?
Me: I think all us cast members would be dead from cancer by now if they did.

justafigment84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by justafigment84 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:08 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:This was one of the funniest things I've seen. I was in the Magic Kindom last week and Stitch was down. The two CM's who were handling the crowds had obviously been asked "Is it closed?" several times because they had taken two discarded fast passes and written "We are" on one and "Closed" on the other. and stood in front of the line entrance holding them up.

That made my day.. I took a picture of it which they freely posed for and one of them made the comment "Great, It'll probably get posted all over the internet now". I promised that I wouldn't post it.

I wouldn't want them to get in any trouble for that, I thought it was great.

Juggling Freak

That was a mess that day. In case ya'll hadn't heard in preshow the sgt. sprung a hydrolic fluid leak and sprayed about 130 guests. Fun times let me tell you. Doesn't surprise me the CM's did this either, wish we could have made the signs for the shops as well. lol

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:21 am

I was once working greeter at pan when it started raining. Well, this one man walks up to me and just goes off at me about how Disney makes it rain so that they could sell ponchos. Seriously, this went on for about 10 minutes with his just yelling at me. I finally just stopped him and assued him that disney does not now, nor has it ever, controlled the weather. I then went on to tell him exactly how rain is made.. in a scientific fashion. I explained about cummulus clouds, etc. He just stared at me the whole time and then, when I was done, he just said, "Oh, okay." and walked away.

It made me giggle.

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 am

i applaud you for your handling of that dumb guest because it solved two problems. First, it solves the guest at hand's little complaint. Second, anyone in earshot probably realized that not all CMs are idiots.

Whenever a guest says something about me working in a theme park all my life (i'm in High School but I look like im in college btw) i say, no, im just doing this to save money for college. I'm going to (insert fancy sounding college here) where i plan to major in (insert smart sounding engineering major here). That shuts them right up! :D:

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:12 pm

PirateJohn wrote:At Innoventions, St. Joseph's Hospital section:

Q: Do those brain scans really x-ray you?
Me: I think all us cast members would be dead from cancer by now if they did.
You should have said "yes, they xray your entire body. You seem to have a growth that you may want to see your proctologist about; oh wait, that is just your head in your ass, fart and maybe you can smell reality again"

Maybe that's why I would not make it as a CM, LOL!!