getting it through to the guest.

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jedi
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

getting it through to the guest.

Post by Jedi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:11 am

This was a couple of years ago. I was still working on the westside. I was stocking Indy Outpost. I noticed a female guest standing in the store smoking. I advised her nicely to put out her cigarette & to let her know where the closest smoking location was that she could smoke. She refused to listen to me and walked about 2 feet still smoking. I followed her and once again advised her about the policy on smoking. She would not listen and was becoming extremely annoyed with me. I am quite sensitive to cigarette smoking & continued to "annoy" her. We got about 50 feet from the store & she turned and yelled every obsenity possible at me while her 2-year old was in tow. She advised me to leave her alone & that I was ruining her Disney experience. I, in the meantime was thinking how many Disney experiences she was ruining for all the other guests with her smoking and foul language. I followed her all the way to the Haunted Mansion where she finally turned and headed back towards Indy. I found a security cast member & they followed her. Later that evening her & her husband came looking for me in Pooh Corner. They must have noticed what costume I was wearing. They were scouting out the store. I ended up hiding in the stock room until they left. I hope security reemed them good. Serves them right! :mad:

Is this Tomorrowland? No! We sell Star Wars toys because we are in Adventureland!!

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: getting it through to the guest.

Post by Wizard69 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:41 pm

When I smell smoke I make it a point to find them and make them put it out. They mostly do when I tell them the policy. The only ones that don't usually are the ones that don't speak english.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope they got reamed too. The guest was wrong in every sense.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:01 pm

Too bad you can't keep a supersoaker under the counter. That would put a damper (pun intened) on her smoke break. :D:

Oh btw i'm sure this bitc....lady paid 80 bazillion $$$ for her vacatoin ,therefore 'she' can do as 'she' damn well pleases. :eek:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:57 pm

one of my friends: "If I see smoke coming from your body, I will assume that you are on fire, and will take appropriate actions"

KatzOhki
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KatzOhki » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:04 pm

I approached a smoking woman near my pretzel (or was it churro?) cart at one time in Fantasyland. I walked to the end off the cart to ask her to move to an area, but before I could speak a word she said "So what? You gonna be the Disney Gestapo now?" :rolleyes:

I was so speechless I just turned around and went back to the other end of the cart.

btw
If I see smoke coming from your body, I will assume that you are on fire, and will take appropriate actions

I swear I've heard that before! :D:

THIS is my custom signature.

dizanimator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dizanimator » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:31 pm

hhsrat wrote:one of my friends: "If I see smoke coming from your body, I will assume that you are on fire, and will take appropriate actions"
I love that!
Mind if I use it when I'm a guest at a park? Please??

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:38 pm

When it comes to anything involving attractions, my technique for "getting it through" is OMG LOUD NOISES! SPASTIC HAND MOTIONS! AAAAAH GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTOFYOURCARplease! ZOMGSTATIONBACKUP!!OUTOUTOUT!!!!11