Thank you CM's (long)

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
bunnysmum
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Thank you CM's (long)

Post by bunnysmum » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:16 pm

My daughter (5), my mother, and I recently returned from a long-awaited and much anticipated trip to WDW and we had the time of our life!

Can I just say first that this trip was a celebration...of my daughter's 6th birthday (she is the miracle child I never thought I'd have)...of my Mom's January birthday...of my completion of grad school...and the beginning of a new chapter of my life (very ugly marriage, now ended, long story, you get the picture).

Truly, my dd and I anticipated this trip for months! At night, after story time, she'd snuggle and say, "Let's talk about Disney World", and then we'd imagine what we would do once we got there. My sister and her family are lucky enough to be able to go every year, so my dd has seen the videos, the souvenirs, the photos, but had to wait until "Mommy finishes school"...then, until "Mommy saves enough money for our tickets". (At one point she tried to convince me that her oversized Disney Princess playing cards were "tickets" and that we were good to go!)

We loved WDW even more than I expected. It was so awesome to go with my little girl and my mom, who provided so much childcare, love, and support to us both through a very difficult couple of years.

We cannot wait to get back for our next visit!

And it is you CM's who really made the magic for us! Thank you to all of you. Thanks to the two very sweet female CM's who chatted with my dd at Cosmic Rays while I waited in line for our lunch. You two not only helped me keep an eye on my very active child, but you kept her entertained and occupied as well. And when I thanked you, you acted like it was nothing. It wasn't "nothing".

Thank you to the sweet male CM who helped us at Splash Mountain (gift shop) while my mom tried to find our ride photos. You engaged my dd in conversation for many minutes while we waited for Mom. You enthusiastically wished my dd a happy birthday and even followed us out of the shop to give my little girl a special little birthday gift. That was so kind and generous of you.

Thank you to the female CM at Le Cellier who told my dd that she reminded her of her grandchild in NH, and gave my dd two little dinosaurs to play with while Mom and I finished our wonderful meal, then kept coming back just to chat with her.

Thank you to the CM at the Photo Center at Epcot, who happily chatted with my very talkative dd, not minding all her questions at all. You gave my dd two lanyard pins, which was such a treat! No wonder my dd gave you a big hug. We appreciated your help getting our photo CD in a hurry, too, so we could run and catch our flight!

Thank you to the CM who tried valiantly to respond kindly to my mother's question our first night in MK..."Where are the rides?" I still laugh out loud when I remember that one. (long story...dodging parade crowds, miscommunication...)

Thank you to the two CM's at Bell Services at POR, who kindly took care of us, arranging to give us a ride to our room the night my dd took a bad tumble on the cement at Epcot and couldn't walk on her injured knee. You responded so sympathetically when I told you what had happened. And the wonderful CM who gave us a ride back to our room refused my tip! You guys are too much. I am so grateful. If WDW didn't have my heart (and my future vacation plans) at that point...!

Thank you to our "sister" at Crystal Palace, a very witty CM, who announced to Tigger and Eeyore and Piglet, as she sat at our table for lunch, as if to join us, that we were her family. You made us laugh until we cried! And Piglet, Pooh, and Eeyore, especially, you all were so wonderful and gave my dd, who has GOT to be the number one fan of all things Pooh, such magical memories. My dd recited a poem for Pooh, and Pooh wrote in her book, "Thank you for the poem!"

Thank you to Chip and Dale, who, at the GG, presented my dd with a wonderful birthday cake, then wiped frosting on her nose and laughed into your hands about it. She thought that was the funniest thing she'd ever witnessed. The pictures you provided us with are priceless!

Thank you to Goofy at AK, who gamely let my dd imitate his every pose while I took pictures.

Thank you to the CM at Soarin', who did not kick me out of line after dd announced loudly to him, "My mom said a bad word!". (it was "patootie", I said "patootie"...as in, "tough patooties"...never mind!) And thanks to the Soarin' CM who did not shoo us out or make any kind of comments about our taking so long to gather our things and exit...but instead, asked as we were leaving, "Hey, don't you want to ride?" When I said, "We'd love to...but we just rode...for our fourth time today!" You motioned us back in, and helped us find seats for one more ride before closing time.

Thank you to the very calm and kind valet parking CM's at the GF (we were running late and had gotten lost), who helped me get dd out of the car and into the lobby when she was feeling "a little carsick" before the Perfectly Princess Tea. Thankfully, she felt much better as soon as she got inside!

Thank you to the lady at POR in the security car our first night checking in (after a delayed flight and long line at the car rental place...it was around 3 am) who welcomed us, and gave dd stickers, and told her Mickey Mouse was her boss. You made our first few minutes at WDW truly welcoming and special.

Thank you to the very sweet CM who saw my dd looking sad at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot on our last day. Somehow (I was busy getting our lunch) my dd sweet-talked you into letting her say "hello" to Chip and Dale up at the GG one last time before we had to leave. You really shouldn't have...but I know dd was very glad you did! You are a gem!

Thank you to the CM in China, who patiently showed dd how to make the yo-yo toy work.

Thank you to the kind CM (Vanessa!) at FOTLK who let dd help "teach" the audience how to do the hand jive prior to the show. Dd had been wildly waving her hand and saying, "Excuse me...excuse me...." trying to get your attention, and you were so kind to include her and make a magical moment for her!!! Her certificate has a place of honor in her scrapbook.

Thank you to the CM cleaning up in the MK one night after Wishes, who called after my dd (dressed in princess attire), "Princess! Oh, Princess! Did you make a wish?" When dd said that she had, you added, "I hope it comes true, princess!"

Thank you to all the CM's who waved goodbye to us as we left the MK that night, holding signs that said, "See you real soon".

We certainly hope so!

You guys make the magic. I know I'm leaving some of you out, you guys really work hard! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!!

RagnarokandRoll
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Thank you CM's (long)

Post by RagnarokandRoll » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:29 pm

I speak for many of us when I say that your experience, that type of experience, is precisely what I try to provide when I put my nametag on and go to work. Thank YOU for opening yourself up and letting the inner child shine...it makes all the other intolerables 100% worth dealing with when I can help someone have such a wonderful time at the parks (even though I wasn't there personally during your trip).

Glad to hear that you had fun...that's what it's all about.

Ready when you are, CB!

justafigment84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by justafigment84 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 am

Thank you sooo much for sharing that.

I completely agree about when my nametag goes on my mindset goes to making peoples days a little bit better. Or at least trying to.

Happy to hear that you guys had a wonderful vacation in the World. :)

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:02 pm

and for those of us that don't wear name tags (at least not on stage), thanks for playing with us. We love to entertain people who are grateful for it and they, in return, entertain us and give us stories to tell others.

kelli giorgio
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kelli giorgio » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:41 pm

It's experiences like that that make me wish I could move to Florida and work there again. That is such a great feeling. I was college programmer who left early because of an ill family member and I wish everyday that I could have finished my program. By the way, does anyone know if you are considered re hirable if you leave your program early?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:38 pm

What a beautiful story. This is why I love working at Disney, and plan on going full-time once I finish school.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:14 am

Thank you for pointing what we 'guests' take for granted. The frontline troops "ARE" the show. Kind of reminds me of the Pink Floyd song "Us and Them". Generals sat,as the lines one the map moved from side to side. Forward he cried,as the frontline died. From now on when we're there,you folks are going to get my wholehearted "THANKS". :cool:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:32 am

kelli giorgio wrote:I was college programmer who left early because of an ill family member and I wish everyday that I could have finished my program. By the way, does anyone know if you are considered re hirable if you leave your program early?
Oh yeah! Come on down! The last bunch of Traditions students included three of the baboons from Kilimanjaro Safaris. We'll hire anyone who can stand up and smile at the same time!

Besides, if you're the sort who is touched by this thread, you *belong* here.

Zazu