Pirates premier - Good Luck Tonite...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Pirates premier - Good Luck Tonite...

Post by BirdMom » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:48 pm

For those of you who have to work the premier tonight, best of luck and I hope you don't get stuck in the dark again :rolleyes:

I know of one middle-aged stalkerish woman who is dying to meet Johnny Depp at any cost, so if you see a blonde, blue-eyed, frizzy haired gal of about 5'2", watch out. She'll call you stupid if you don't let her have her way and get to Johnny. Pitiful, I know...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Pirates premier - Good Luck Tonite...

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:44 pm

Are you meaning you, heheheh!! :D

Too bad, I won't be working it tonight, I want too!! They said Space Mountain and buzz will be open to the CMs as well as the Pizza Port for free pizza!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:30 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Are you meaning you, heheheh!! :D
LOL - no not me. To tell the truth, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom just don't do it for me. Now if it were Hugh Jackman, it might be different, but frankly, I won't roll over and die if I don't meet Hugh or Clive Owen or any other actor I find attractive.

Meh - she's a scary stalker lady I sort of know from a MySpace community. She used to have this huge list of celebrities she'd met, celebrities she'd seen and she still has her list of celebrities she wants to meet on her profile. She was bugging me to make arrangements for her, since I still have friends there, and I was like NO. She has fits over at CBS if they don't seat her in the front row of her favorite TV show. I've since taken my former and current employment info off of MySpace. There are a couple of creepy people floating around there...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:08 am

I can't speak for the Disneyland CM's...nor the closers, but I came in with a mid shift, and over at DCA, it seemed like a nice day. People at least were in a good mood, despite the fact that many of them had just been booted out of the larger, more popular park.

The highlight of my day was getting to help James Cameron with something at the Tower of Terror.

Anyone else with celeb interactions? I would say sightings, but if you worked red carpet GC at DL...you'd have quite the list.

Good luck to everyone else who had a shift for the premiere.

~If you wanted the five dollar camera, you should have bought it at Target before you walked into the resort and ran out of film...~

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:37 am

I worked this morning, and nothign goin on, cept the buttons! Yarr. I watched the MSN Webcast! Still havnt rode pirates yet.. better brave the crowd. :D:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:10 pm

I heard an orientation group ran into Johnny Depp backstage and chaos ensued because they hadn't yet been informed of the no autograph, no photo policy for cast memebers. Oh well... The University leaders should have known there was the possibility and warned them beforehand :cool:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:03 am

Wow!! Chaos, huh?? That sucks!! I hired in the exact same day as the FIRST Pirates Priemere, before the Priemere. Our traditions group saw it all set up!! It was cool!! Look at my hire date, the same day as the Priemere!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Princess Jasmine
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Princess Jasmine » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:36 am

Coming from the Guest aspect of it.....

The Red Carpet was crazy. But so much fun.

It got pretty hectic once Orli and Johnny came out (people pushing and fucking bitches who think they're such hot shit because they managed to weasel their way in and be in line for only like an hour, while there were people (like me) who had been there for 12 hours)

All in all it was an amazing day. Got there at 6:30am and quickly found a spot right next to the Red Carpet and held my ground for 12 hours. Even though it was hot, and there were a few times where I thought for sure I was going to die of heat stroke it was all worth it in the ned

I wound up meeting Johnny and Orlando. ABSOLUTE sweethearts the both of them. In my excitement, I forgot to have Orlando sign my poster, he signed my autograph book instead...I quickly remembered and was like "Wait, Orlando can you sign this too, please?" and He was like "Sure."

I got lots of pictures (Mostly of Orli, Johnny was kind of hard to get a good view of) and both their autographs.

It'll be a day I'll never forget.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Please, those who worked this, tell me that they didn't pull the same drek as at the premier of the first film.

shorty1219
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shorty1219 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Were the Pirates that walked along the red carpet (not Johnny or Orlando) Disney CM's...or were they from and outside company?

~[font=Comic Sans MS]Rebel Justin[/font]~

[font=Tahoma]It started with a mouse...it ended with management.[/font]
[font=Arial]CM Tenure: 1/11/2003-5/30/2006[/font]