Knott's HH

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Hawkeye Jenny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Knott's HH

Post by Hawkeye Jenny » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:21 pm

Well, seems my time is up as a disney Cm..either way I need some temp work. I've worked for Knott's before 'bout four years ago (rides op) and was tempted to apply for HH work. The website said they they're still hiring 'monsters.' I've a backround in the Hunting beach School of Performing Arts, plus I'm pretty athletic..is it hard to get hired as in that area? Would I have to audition or what? What do they look for in a potential guest terrorizer? :P

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Fritter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fritter » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:11 pm

heh it's easy to get hired there. Haunt was my first job :D

They just ask questions such as:

"What would you do if a guest confronts you?"
"What do you do if a guest hits you?"

as long as you don't go along the lines of retaliate, you are okay.

Then they ask you a bunch of questions like if you're able to stand for long periods of time, blah blah. Pretty easy, they hire you on the spot if you are qualified. It is nothing to get all worried about. There are also no auditions required.

*standing at the cotton candy cart in front of the castle*
Guest: One hot dog please.
Me: "........."

Hawkeye Jenny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hawkeye Jenny » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:33 am

Seriously? It's that easy to get hired as a monster? I know a couple people who applied and just got line control work. lol

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Hawkeye Jenny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hawkeye Jenny » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:40 pm

Er..seems that their website is a 'little' outdated. I called the employment hotline recording and it didn't mention the HH at all..but it did say that the only open seasonal position is for soak city lifeguards. :? That strikes me as odd since the waterpark is supposed to close soon for the off season. It's just a recording, can't talk to anyone live.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:07 pm

Chances are they are only hiring for "on-call" Monsters. Meaning that you would basically be at home till they need you. If you really want to work it, go for "Blackout" (the people standing in the corners with a flashlight telling you where to go). They will hire you gaurenteed. I'm sorry to hear losing your job at DL. I'm sure you did everything you could.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."