Quick Question

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Snoopy1221
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Quick Question

Post by Snoopy1221 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm

Can anyone tell me what a Coordinator of Training at the MK is/does??? Thanks

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Quick Question

Post by Zazu » Fri May 27, 2005 12:32 pm

Snoopy1221 wrote:Can anyone tell me what a Coordinator of Training at the MK is/does??? Thanks
A CoT is responsible for scheduling all training and trainers in their area, including recerts. They work with the responsible GSM to select and develop the trainers in their area, and maintain the OGs and other training materials and forms. For this they receive a whopping $1.00/hour premium.

Each area has their own CoT or CoTs. The term "area" can also be confusing, as some are lands like Main Street, others involve whole departments like "Custodial".

CoTs must be trained in all of the areas they schedule for, but they don't work on-stage shifts and they don't train. To maintain their qualification, they must recert annually.

Is that enough?

Zazu

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:36 am

so it's five days a week, 8 hours a day of scheduling? i would get bored and schedule myself three times a month at each location i was trained at.

Gimme some soft serve!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:26 pm

GMC wrote:so it's five days a week, 8 hours a day of scheduling? i would get bored and schedule myself three times a month at each location i was trained at.
No you wouldn't. You'd spend 3/4 of every day tearing your hair out and cursing because the College Program just told you that tomorrow you're getting 60 newbies instead of 16, and Scheduling granted ADOs to all your trainers -- who were already scheduled to train anyway.

Trust me, there's not *nearly* enough boredom in that role! :banghead:

Zazu

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 am

in that case, i'd want a shift at my trained locations just to get a break form the office.

Gimme some soft serve!