Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Now that you've had the 'warm' welcome,cool off with your favorite beverage from the BDoSGT.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Now that you've had your 'warm' welcome,cool off with a beverage from the BDoSGT. :pepsi: :beer: :coke:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 pm

heilh0und wrote:I work for a section of one of the parks that is rather small. Part of our role is to ask guests in the park questions about their visit to improve guest experience. We get a lot of people who don't want to talk to us, so it sometimes makes our job difficult.

It is great when we get cast members who are nice enough to talk to us, but unfortunately, sometimes they use their badges as a way of blowing us off. I have had a lot of guests who try to flash their badges and walk off, as if it entitles them to not talk to us, so I have come up with a few handy come backs :)

I flash them my badge, and then say, where was I... oh yes... could you please...

I get excited and say, "Oh wow, I work here too! Isn't that awesome! Could you now please..."

Or I say, "Oh, don't worry, we love cast members too! Now could you please..."

Thankfully, usually they realize at this point that they won't be escaping my clutches so easily :)
If its the dept. I'm thinking of, I don't understand why people have problems with asking a few simple questions...guests and CMs alike.

Just because you work there doesn't mean you aren't allowed to answer questions. After all, you are visiting the park as a guest, aren't you? A few people in my dept swear that you can't answer any questions about that questionnaire because you work for the company and you'd provide a "skew" to the data collected. Not really, least not in my opinion. Just because you work here doesn't mean you don't have an opinion about how the park operates...

I always answer questions for those CMs, it's possibly THE BEST WAY to improve things in the Resort. What better way than to TELL THE COMPANY HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT WHATEVER ISSUE YOU HAVE??

But people can't be bothered for all 10 seconds or whatever it takes. And then they complain because we don't do something this way or it takes too long to do that...hey, maybe you should tell someone! :rolleyes:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:27 am

heilh0und wrote:I work for a section of one of the parks that is rather small. Part of our role is to ask guests in the park questions about their visit to improve guest experience. We get a lot of people who don't want to talk to us, so it sometimes makes our job difficult.

It is great when we get cast members who are nice enough to talk to us, but unfortunately, sometimes they use their badges as a way of blowing us off. I have had a lot of guests who try to flash their badges and walk off, as if it entitles them to not talk to us, so I have come up with a few handy come backs :)

I flash them my badge, and then say, where was I... oh yes... could you please...

I get excited and say, "Oh wow, I work here too! Isn't that awesome! Could you now please..."

Or I say, "Oh, don't worry, we love cast members too! Now could you please..."

Thankfully, usually they realize at this point that they won't be escaping my clutches so easily :)
If we give you complaints, do they get recorded? If I go to guest relations, I feel like they just say something to make you feel better, but the complaints don't get recorded.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 am

Freak wrote:If its the dept. I'm thinking of, I don't understand why people have problems with asking a few simple questions...guests and CMs alike.

Just because you work there doesn't mean you aren't allowed to answer questions. After all, you are visiting the park as a guest, aren't you? A few people in my dept swear that you can't answer any questions about that questionnaire because you work for the company and you'd provide a "skew" to the data collected. Not really, least not in my opinion. Just because you work here doesn't mean you don't have an opinion about how the park operates...

I always answer questions for those CMs, it's possibly THE BEST WAY to improve things in the Resort. What better way than to TELL THE COMPANY HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT WHATEVER ISSUE YOU HAVE??

But people can't be bothered for all 10 seconds or whatever it takes. And then they complain because we don't do something this way or it takes too long to do that...hey, maybe you should tell someone! :rolleyes:
I see where they're coming from, lots of places don't want their employees to answer surveys like that. For instance, at Universal they'll first ask if you work for Disney, Sea World, Universal, etc. and if so the survey ends right there. When I first started with Disney I thought we weren't allowed to answer those surveys until I found out differently.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 am

heilh0und, assuming you survived the dragon welcome and are still coherent after the BDoSGT welcome...

:sgthello:
:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Working or not for Disney, I've never liked surveys. Windows Vista made it even worse.

"Did you enjoy your stay?" Yes.
"Are you sure?" Yes....
"Truely?" Yes...!
"Honestly?" YES!!!
"Are you postivie?" YES #$#@!$%!!!!!

XD

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 pm

ectomstr wrote:Working or not for Disney, I've never liked surveys. Windows Vista made it even worse.

"Did you enjoy your stay?" Yes.
"Are you sure?" Yes....
"Truely?" Yes...!
"Honestly?" YES!!!
"Are you postivie?" YES #$#@!$%!!!!!

XD
I enjoyed the stay,but your survey SUCKS. :mad:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:22 am

ectomstr wrote:Working or not for Disney, I've never liked surveys. Windows Vista made it even worse.
"Even though you, the administrator, owner of this computer, personally installed this software, there might be a possibility that this program is dangerous. Do you want to run it?"

Yes/No

"By clicking yes, you understand that this software is potentially dangerous, even though you installed it, right?"

Yes/No

"So if something happens, it isn't Windows fault (our operating system is flawless and all anyways), its yours. And if anything bad happens, we aren't fixing your computer. Understand?"

Yes/No

"So, we're on the same page about this, right?"

Yes/No
*throws computer out of the window*

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

heilh0und
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by heilh0und » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 am

Sorry I was gone so long.. ended up hurting my arm..... tons of meds were involved... anyways!

Cast members at Disneyland are encouraged to answer the surveys. Some of them online, they cant but the initial survey is fair game! A lot of cast members just dont WANT to and are super rude about it.... It's not a matter of I am sorry but I can't but more of an "I'm above this" attitude.

When I was doing the surveys (former now =p), a lot of people would sneer at us or walk past us and actually almost knock us over. I would hear them a lot of times whispering loudly to their guests if we asked them, "Come on, you don't need to answer these", or yanking their guests away. I've even had cast members say that "if you answer and tell them your zip code, they will send you spam!" Yes.. because I have a magical power where I can narrow down one million people in zip code to find you....