I know way to much...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

I know way to much...

Post by Doctor McKey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:57 pm

You can ask big wallaby about how close my predictions are when it comes to the wdw property... he still doesn't know where I get my information from....

With that being said... would any of you be interested in hearing the crazy predictions of a mad man.... I'll make it worth your time....

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: I know way to much...

Post by BRWombat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

You have me curious...

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:26 pm

BRWombat wrote:You have me curious...
Ok... I'll make this a game... name a park and I'll give three things I know about it... unfortunately you won't be able to get verification in a timely manor because of the account if time before Disney actually does it...

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

And to give an example that you can verify with big wallaby... I knew about the rfid bs or magic your way+ that they are using back in late 2008 early 2009... and I only told BW about it.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm

This is true. I know he was talking about it in 2008.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:23 pm

The problem is no one knows the full extent of what they are going to be for... this is not a big brother thing as much as it is a marketing juggernaut.... They will know where you are at all times... They will know what you are browsing in the stores and they will know your habits and push product placement to you... I for see then changing the door locks at the hotel to require you to use your rfid tags to get in... which will allow them to push advertisements suited to your needs and wants in your tv... oh and don't get me started on what they well be doing to the cast

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:29 am

Doctor McKey wrote:The problem is no one knows the full extent of what they are going to be for... this is not a big brother thing as much as it is a marketing juggernaut.... They will know where you are at all times... They will know what you are browsing in the stores and they will know your habits and push product placement to you... I for see then changing the door locks at the hotel to require you to use your rfid tags to get in... which will allow them to push advertisements suited to your needs and wants in your tv... oh and don't get me started on what they well be doing to the cast
Hmmm, okay I give...what will they be doing to the cast? I know that CM will be getting their own bands for entry in the Fall.

BTW, no..I am not happy about getting a band issued for my entry ticket (sorry-- my maingate ticket). I find it difficult enough now to make sure that I have my maingate with me. I rarely plan on going into the park as a guest. It is more of an organic thing for me -- probably why I have not been in the park as a guest in years now LOL

But here is my challenge...before, my company ID was always with me so no big deal to suddenly become a guest. Say I get to work early, pop over to turnstiles, do my admit and am done! Or, when we have late, late hours, I can decide on the fly to stay and play as a guest. I just need to have appropriate "guest" clothing....going to turnstiles, admit in, and go and play! Simple, right?

BUT now I have to keep my MainGate card with my Company ID...and both cost money if I lose them. :bigeyes: BLECH....

Sounds like a no brainer ...just one more card in my personal effects. True. Now, I will have a bulky (compared to the card) band that I now need to have. UGH like I need to be branded with a Disney band? Oh and they are all over cast about wearing fitness bands while at work. Yeah, new specific violation of Disney Look. So, you think that the Company is going to let CMs working to wear their MainGate bands at work? :oweye:

Better yet, CMs lose their Cast IDs a lot. Imagine these bands that they use as admission?!?! PLUS, you will need to have your Cast ID AND band in order to gain proper access to the park. We already have oodles of cast that do not enter the park properly to play...now, you think that these people will not just use the Cast entrance when they forget their band? :lol:

It is still ridiculous the number of block out dates that we have lately. The fluidity of the dates is also amazing. Such a shame ... it is a Cast benefit and actually directly benefits the Company. The more Cast experience the park as a Guest...the more empathetic they are to the paying guest AND more knowledgeable about the park amenities. Empathy and knowledge work to the benefit of the paying guest...and builds a stronger Cast Member.

So what else is up their sleeves Doc?

mapo

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

Doctor McKey wrote:I for see then changing the door locks at the hotel to require you to use your rfid tags to get in... which will allow them to push advertisements suited to your needs and wants in your tv...
You're a bit late with that announcement. They started converting hotel door locks last June.

Push ads, not yet, but I'm sure it's coming. And not just to the room TV, but to your smartphone as well.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:00 am

wasn't that part of what pal mickey was suppost to do?
track guests and thier habits
while entertaining them.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:40 am

drcorey wrote:wasn't that part of what pal mickey was suppost to do?
track guests and thier habits while entertaining them.
No. Pal Mickey was one-way communication. There was no feedback. IR would have been a poor tool to use for that in any event. Indeed, there were enough troubles keeping the transmitter signals from overlapping.