Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

darph nader wrote:You make it sound like it's a 'bad' thing. :whistlng:
no, not at all!!

hehehehehehe

(Sooooooo, are you a storm trooper or a snow trooper? hehehehehe)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:are you a storm trooper or a snow trooper? hehehehehe)
GP, darph is an all around trooper when it comes to friendship & support. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

kmykimi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kmykimi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 am

Metal detectors can be seen everywhere in modern society that they are mainly applied in airports, stations, important conference rooms, supermarkets and many other public places where there are a large flow of people.They are used to detect the hidden metal objects on the people, such us guns and controlled knives, etc. They are indispensible for the security of public safety. Although they bring a lot of inconvenience to us, everyone should be cooperative while being checked.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Supermarkets?? Really? When that happens I start ordering food from Amazon.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 pm

They do have detectors in supermarkets and stores, but it's to detect shoplifters, not weapons.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 am

kmykimi wrote:Metal detectors can be seen everywhere in modern society that they are mainly applied in airports, stations, important conference rooms, supermarkets and many other public places where there are a large flow of people.They are used to detect the hidden metal objects on the people, such us guns and controlled knives, etc. They are indispensible for the security of public safety. Although they bring a lot of inconvenience to us, everyone should be cooperative while being checked.
source:detectorall
And besides that...any supermarket that has as many people entering a day as Disney or Knott's is a place that I would avoid like the plague and head for the Mom & Pop corner store. However, if they did have that much business, I'm sure they could afford all the security measures that money can buy. :D:

:goofy: :goofy:

kmykimi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kmykimi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 am

Although metal detectors bring a lot of inconvenience to us, they are indispensable for the security of public safety.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:06 am

kmykimi wrote:Although metal detectors bring a lot of inconvenience to us, they are indispensable for the security of public safety.
I have no reason to doubt you, however, I refuse to live my life in constant fear. If something happens, well, I figure that was how it was meant to be, I cannot alter history. All the metal detectors in the world will not stop someone from strangling you will they? No, I do not want to be inconvenienced to that extent in a theme park. In a crowd that large, it would have to be a terrorist type of scenario and a little bit of thought will make it perfectly clear how ineffective those machines would be. Especially when you think of all the possible ways that people can get into a land based, non-barbed wired perimeter. In a controlled, small, enclosed grouping such as an airplane, then I welcome them, and don't have any problem with the hassles of TSA. That can and does work.

:goofy: :goofy:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 am

It's hard enough to get through the bag check area of Disney right now when crowds are a little heavy or first thing in the morning. Can you imagine the nightmare of slowing it down even more by adding metal detectors and then trying to decide how thorough to be and what to worry about? You may as well plan on riding one ride and maybe making it to the parade in the evening after waiting to get into the park for that long. I guess it might be another revenue stream to sell souvenirs and snacks while people are waiting in line.

Would we be able to fastpass the metal detector line?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:49 am

YANXWIN wrote:
Would we be able to fastpass the metal detector line?
Only in between the times printed on the "Metal Detector Fastpass" :twisted:
I suppose the "Drug-Sniffing Dogs" are next..... :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: