Universal closing Jaws ride

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Universal closing Jaws ride

Post by drcorey » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I'm thinking the days take from the Parking lots. That's out in the open and not backstage isn't it? :twisted:
well, I was thinking something that wouldnt "hurt" the magic if shown in public. I guess you could take certain stuff, like charactor clothes, hats and gloves, so if you appear on the street if goofys clothes you could say like, he sold me a extra outfit he had laying arounf or something. course I have contacted
Disney legal a few times, like the best one was, heelo, Hey, someone is selling a mickey and minnie and donald costume on ebay, but sir, people are always selling disney costumes online, No, I mean, the "private" in house costumes, even has close up photos of disney wardrobe tags, err, sir, please hold. sounds of someone screaming. hello sir, can you give me the auction numbers, ok, they are XXX XXX XXX, ok sir, please hold. and I am watching the auction page, all of a sudden I see, THIS AUCTION IS CLOSED. hello sir, thank you so much, we appreasiate this.
thank you, click. so far my best disney moment ever,

Corey

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 am

My brother has lots of Disney items Property Control let go. He even has 3 of the old blue & yellow trams at his ranch. He won't tell me how he got them.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 am

Main Streeter wrote:He won't tell me how he got them.
I bet Ernie could make him talk. :twisted:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 am

Main Streeter wrote:My brother has lots of Disney items Property Control let go. He even has 3 of the old blue & yellow trams at his ranch. He won't tell me how he got them.
Very Cool!But yeah,howintheheckdidhe???? :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Honestly, you'd be surprised what WDW will sell when the annual auction comes along especially when they've done massive re-vamps or removals that year. Between that and what construction crews get to keep, there are amazing little pieces of Disneyana floating around out there in the wide world.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 am

hobie16 wrote:I bet Ernie could make him talk. :twisted:
:D: :D: :D: Never thought of this hobie. LIKE!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 pm

DisneyMom wrote:WHAT????? They tore up the old creatures from the Submarine Ride???? :eek:
drcorey wrote:yeah, a theme park salvage place showed pictures of what they did to the props after/while disney was draining it to take it apart. eyes and tentecles where ripped off the squid, and the sea monster lost it's head and some feet.the salvages said between that and the water rot of the props and scenery, it wasnt even worth it to show up at all. the subs were too worn out, they got mostly seaweb and control panels from the ride.
hey, here is theold article:
http://www.crazedfanboy.com/spotlight/salvage.html
On the subject of the ye old Submarine Voyage ride, one of the sea serpents from the Disneyland ride (remember there's 2; one on each side) was in decent enough condition to get auctioned off. I don't know if it was a whole one, but judging from the photo I saw, there was a good amount of the old fella left. I always thought the WDW version looked a bit too cartoony compared to DL's.

Sorry in advance if I'm not allowed to link those pages. :o:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

The day we can walk in and take anything, Monorail Green is all mine. I'm going to start building some beamway to get it to my house now.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:The day we can walk in and take anything, Monorail Green is all mine. I'm going to start building some beamway to get it to my house now.
I've had dibs on the following items for at least 10 years:
-The Grand Chandelier in Boardwalk Hotel (When the Zombies finally come, I'm taking over a Disney Hotel and it shall be my cool pirate anti-zombie gang hangout)
-The one of the singing tiki poles in the Tiki Room (I'm gonna put it in my living room and have pre-recorded insults for when uninvited family comes over)
-The dude in the bathtub at BTMR (It's going in my front yard)
-The old Neon Cutouts of people in "Space" from the PeopleMover. (Also, my front yard)

:D:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:31 pm

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/themepark ... do+updates