Stupid Airline Tricks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Airline Tricks

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:39 am

darph nader wrote:No,I meant F. Serra. I just spelled it wrong
Well then, I just helped you add to your count. :D: ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 am

Main Streeter wrote:Well then, I just helped you add to your count. :D: ;)
Still 250 down though. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 am

darph nader wrote:Still 250 down though. :(
That's why you wanted me to go to WDW! You can be very sly @ times. :foulfell:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:09 am

Wow. Just wow.

I truly do not get how folks can not know where they are or pretty much where they are going. Sure the wrong way an exit or two or even 50 miles in wide open areas with little signage but WOW. :eek:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:51 am

When I was in WDW last with Mo, we did hear a family on our flight saying that they wanted to ride EE at the AK. We were taking a flight back to Long Beach. I don't remember DL having EE. Time to get rid of the other theme park maps and get a DL park map. :eek:

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ianto Jones » Thu May 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:This is the only place I thought this could be posted.

This morning I was at a Delta First Class check in counter at LAX on my way home from D23. This obviously distraught lady goes to an agent near me and says that the automated system will not print her boarding pass. And her flight to wherever ( I did not hear location) was scheduled to leave in less than an hour.

The Agent asks for her ID and enters information into the terminal and then says to her something to the effect of:

"Your reservation is for a flight out of San Diego. Right now you are in Los Angeles International Airport"

At that point my transaction was completed and I did not stick around to see how the situation was resolved, or how much it cost her.

For awhile, I was living in Concord, CA (maybe an hour from San Francisco, in the Bay Area of Northern California), but my primary care doctor was down in SoCal at Cedars-Sinai -- so every one to three months I had to fly down for bloodwork (with Southwest advance fares, it was cheaper than driving, and faster than Greyhound).

I took the city bus when I landed, also to save money.

There were two airports that worked: LAX, and Burbank.

Only *once* did I manage to arrive at one and depart from the other... Had to take the SuperShuttle at walk-up rates! to make it barely on time!

Very red face.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Flying into Burbank from the Bay Area was always an adventure. I'd sit in the back on Southwest because the ground crew always pushed the stairs to the back door first so they could unload garbage. I'd be in the terminal before the front door was opened.

Sitting in the back did have its downside though. There was always an updraft from the Tehachapi Mountains. Depending on the time of year, it might be a single gentle bump or a teeth rattling series of bangs that had the wings flapping. One day we're heading south with me on the aisle and a nun in the window seat. All was good until we got the teeth rattler. The poor nun went into instant Hail Mary I have sinned, crossing herself, white knuckle grip on the seats. I told her, "Don't worry sister, this is normal for this time of year."

That, apparently, was not what she wanted to hear. She got this wild eyed look that told me she was seriously considering clawing her way through the fuselage as she'd rather die sky diving then auguring in encased in an aluminum tube. Luckily, we were on the ground a few minutes later.

Landing at Burbank was always interesting. With the relatively short runway, the pilots would try to get the wheels on the ground at the absolute beginning of the runway, brake so hard that the passengers eyeballs were popping out, and, if the braking worked, take a hard right into the gate with some over steer to jerk the tail around. If they came in a little low you'd hear the wheels banging antennas on cars in long term parking.

A friend was waiting for a flight to return to the Bay Area one night. He saw the plane land, sail past the gate, blow through the blast fence, cross Hollywood Way and come to rest in the Standard station across the street.

The real shocker here is the price of gas.

While looking for the above picture I found this.

I loved PSA. I've still got one of their baggage tags on my carry on bag.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.