Weird Fireworks Schedule at MK

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Weird Fireworks Schedule at MK

Post by mapo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:01 am

This week someone decided that the fireworks should be at 9 pm with Electrical Parades at 10 and midnight. This is a departure from the typical parade - fireworks - parade schedule that dominates MK schedules.

Now, we all wondered "why oh why" did someone decide to mess with the time honored tradition of camping out for 4 hours before parade (make that first parade) then enjoy fireworks.

Here is the funny part. People are not lining up four hours in advance for the Electrical Parade. No way.... they do it to be on Main Street for the Wishes fireworks! :bigeyes:

How do I know? Well, this week they are lining the streets for the 9 pm fireworks...then are leaving en mass! Yup, the flood out of MK is outrageous after fireworks.

With huge attendance in MK this week, the majority of the guests LEAVE before the first parade. And woe unto you if you are on Main Street no moving when that crowd starts moving.

While I was not a big proponent/supporter of the new schedule (it always worked the other way), I say "Yes, keep the new schedule! Have the fireworks first...then let them leave." For those who say, "then who is left for the parade(s)?" I say, "why make them stay and see a parade they do not want to in order to see the fireworks that they are only interested in seeing?"

So let's see....guests flood into MK to see the new parade FoF. And THOUSANDS every day leave right after that parade. Another wave of guests flood into MK in time for the fireworks, then TENS of THOUSANDS exit the park before our night parade "DEP".

Maybe the guests are trying to tell us something? I know what they have told me. Actions are louder than words. I just wonder if Disney Corp is listening?

mapo

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Weird Fireworks Schedule at MK

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Have they ever listened?

The guests have already paid their money, so why would management care what they do. The money is collected and spent and what ever the guests want to do is beside the point.